Results Sports Series NO 3

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Congratulations to Queensland’s Brian Pilkington on braking through on his 1st ever Sport Series Title today. Grinding it out on yet another tough and trying condition, Pilkington got off to a slow but steady start and finally found the groove. Leading a strong field containing past and current State Rachuig Bowlers and Defending Series champion Carl Bottomley, Pilko finished off his 10games strong with scores of 246 190 268 223 191, for a ten game total of 2053.

Bottomley also finished strong but it wasn’t enough to reel in his fellow Visionary staffer. Bottomley finished a further 25 pins behind Pilkington in second place.

This stop saw the inclusion of over 15 youth bowlers also rolling off for there respective state teams, and they didn’t disappoint. Right from the get go they also put the challenge out to there older counterparts. Two youth bowlers in Adam Pringle and Brendan Meads showed they too have what it takes to be competitive on these conditions and finished at +27 and +01 respectively in 3rd and 4th place picking up some valuable cash.

On another unusual sports condition, scores were quiet low with only 4 bowlers over the card and the last cash spot was Paul Chambers with a 181.1 average for his ten games. Pilko’s victory comes on top of successful six months with a win in the SA Cup, Greenslopes Cup and a 4th at the Australian Open this year. Wenban proved that he still has what it takes to match it with this young field, rounding out the top 5 today at 1 under the card, and once again showing us why he is one of the greatest to walk the timber.

Highest place female was Kate Wilton at 1892 for her 10 games and other ladies to cash were Yvette Lawton 1864 and Kimberley-Rose Haining 1833.
A great day was had by all and a well run tournament once again. Many thanks must go to Brain Bates and Caboolture Bowl, our very organized tournaments committee, Jeff Brigg, Hilary and Dave Hardy for another smooth and well run event, Once again thank you to all the new faces and the very well behaved YOUTH and ADULT bowlers. Hope to see you all at the next stop on the 5th of November 2006.

Attachments

• Results Sport Series 3 9th of July.xls
    35.5 KB · Views: 141
  • Overall Points Standings for 2006.xls
    33.5 KB · Views: 57
Thanks to all of those that Jase mentioned for a very enjoyable day. A big thanks also must go to Jase, as without his sponsorship tournaments such as these would not exist.

Ok i would like to congratulate pilko on his win, it has been a great year so far for pilko and i am sure he will continue the great bowling.
To the Qld South Youth Committee , i would like to thank all the people on the committee it was a great idea to bring the roll off into the sport series and i hope this will continue in the future.
To the QLD STH YOUTH BOWLERS , i would like to thank all the bowlers who rolled off , congratulations to all the bowlers that made the team and i wish u all the best when you go away.
The youth bowlers showed on the weekend that they are good enough to bowl on any condition and mix it with some of qld and australia's best adult bowlers , i would love to see them back at the next sport series and watch them in the matchplay!!!!!!!
To all the regular bowlers of the sport series we go back to the new format 8 games then cut to the top 15 for matchplay !!!!!:D :D
As allways would love to hear what the bowlers thought of the condition on the weekend.

I thought the condition was great I loved it :D

Seriously though, thanks to Jeff and co for another well run event, and to Jase for sponsoring it.

I would also like to send a HUGE THANKYOU out to Chris Ireland and Laura McCloskey for putting the roll off together and for your work over the weekend (and months prior). Without people like you, rolloffs wouldn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom