Qld Sport Series will Have a new Champion this year...

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Title holder Carl Bottomley will no doubt play a part in deciding on who will walk away as the 2007 Player of the Year in the Queensland Sport Series this weekend…
The Final round of the Qld Sport Series has attracted huge participation numbers and will be hotly contested at Caboolture this Saturday with 2 of Queensland’s finest going head to head for the Title.

Australian Representative Brian " Pilko " Pilkington currently leads by 2 points over the 2006 Runner-up Terry Wenban. Bottomley cannot win as he has missed too many events this year with an injury…No doubt a fully fit Bottomley would have seen him featuring for the title race once again…Bottomley is recovering from carpet tunnel surgery to his right wrist and will give it a full test this weekend…

Finally this will be Sport Series founder Jeff “BFCC “Brigg’s final event. Jeff Brigg along with Dave" Hippy" Hardy started the Series over 5 years ago to get bowlers to challenge themselves on more difficult patterns instead of bowling on the wide open house patterns. This State Series has bred success in our other states throughout Australia and has also attracted support from a major sponsor so that the Sport Series can host a Major Event on the Gold Coast in February 2008…
The Series has been successful over the years thru Jeff and his team’s efforts, and a special mention to Noel Semple as the official tournament lane Marshall…

Once again see you all Saturday and many thanks to all involved in making the Sport of Ten Pin bowling a challenge and huge success…

I hope for the sake of an 1hr drive home that Pilko wins, Terry's a good guy but that drive home with Kate and Pilko will seem like forever if he doesn't win :D

I'll be there to cheer everyone on!

Good luck to all bowling this weekend, looks like a great turn out for the last event.

Who ever the winner will be I am sure it will be well deserved.

Sad to see all the people who put this great event together, take a step back, but that might be a good thing for Jeff as he might be able to bowl them next year.

I am sure Shellie and Scott will do a great job, with Jase and Jeff still in the back ground to help them both out.

I would be there to watch this weekend but I have to watch someone's dog chase the bunny, seen he has a prior engagement, with all you bowlers.

kellie i think u got the better deal !!!!!! a day in the sun watching the dog races couple of quiet drinks or stuck in a bowl with the likes of me and jase *****ing all day .......... any room in your car might join u at the races !!!!!

Don't forget the BBQ lunch and a few drinks when we are finished, would like everyone to hang round have a drink for xmas.

Also if you get a chance lets all thank the great sponsors we have !!!!!

Jase - PEARSON AUTOMOTIVE
brian - CABOOLTURE BOWL
lawrie - ANIMAL'S PROSHOP

To Shellie and Scott i wish you all the best in running the series next year and as kellie said jase and i will be around if u need any help.

As for the overall points winner i would love to see pilko and terry bowling the last game of matchplay (lets put carl on the same pair just for fun !!!) best of luck to all the bowlers.

jeff.

Back
Top Bottom