Results for the Sports Event @ Epping

tonx

Well done to Chris Mesagno on winning his second VSS title. He bowled well all day. As I only have the stepladder positions, you will have to wait for Dillan to post the full results.

1. Chris Mesagno
2. James Bowles
3. Jason Newman
4. Drew Layton
5. Alan Notman
6. Andrew Tonkin

I didn't get the scores from the ladder final, but the all the games were close coming down to the 9th and 10th frame. Congrats to Jason Newman on shooting a very nice 290 game and to Chris Mesagno on winning back to back events. The guy is just about un-beatable on short sports patterns.

Scores to make the top 6 -
Jimmy Bowles - 1926 - 240ave
Chris Mesagno - 1893 - 236ave
Drew Layton - 1771 - 221ave
Alan Notman - 1766 - 220ave
Brett Smith - 1760 - 220ave
Jason Newman - 1757 - 219ave
-----
Andrew Tonkin -1726-215ave

Brett Smith had to pull out of the final due to commitments, which meant Andrew Tonkin moved up to 6th place.

I would just like to thank all the bowlers who turned out for the event. Was another great event and good to see some high scoring and great games on the shorter patterns as there should be.

Thanks go to Ebonite for sponsoring the event - Congrats to Steve Carmen from Horsham on winning the Ebonite Ball.

Thanks also to OZ Tenpin Epping - the event ran without a problem. Jenny and the staff behind the counter on doing a great job and to Luke and Keith down the back taking care of the machines and putting down a very consistent pattern.

Will be organising the next event over the coming weeks, i will post details as soon as i can.

Cheers
Dillan

Just wondering would it be possible to have a tougher condition for the next one. Like the U.S Open pattern . That would be a great test. Cheers Ralph.

How bout we bowl on the pattern used for the Masters at Youth Worlds at Orlando. 1 lane short oil the other long oil across the house. Now that would be interesting.

that sounds like fun Philby im just glad i have a full head of hair bowling on that pattern
i will be tearing it out by frame three first game lol

What was the pattern sounds like a good house shot. :D

Yeah, that's exactly what it was.... You also must know alot about bowling too!

Patterns are relative to the topography of the lanes. Put a tough pattern on an optimum condition surface, with optimum condition pins, kickbacks, approaches and consistency from lane to lane, and you will have higher scores than putting a 20-1 pattern on a thrashed wooden surface. It wasn't that you could put the shot anywhere. The shot had to be in the pocket, but you were rewarded for great shots.

While the top 10 scored well, you don't have to go down the list very far to see some solid bowlers under the card. Those that scored well played the correct part of the lane for the longest period of time. Those that tried to play the shot their way lacked carry, pocket % and sparable leaves.

I enjoyed higher scores this event than previous. It was good to hold another event in the standout centre in Victoria. I am sure that the next event being held in a different centre will bring the scores back down a little.

Thanks to those that supported the event!

lmfao, hahaahhahaahahahahahahah
Wow tonx a bit touchy there just having a laugh try it sometime.
But your right I know nothing I dont even bowl anymore.
Have a good day.

Only watched this event, but from memory I think about 10 shot the card or better...

The better players on the day made the correct adjustments to continue getting the ball to the pocket.

Many solid players made incorrect adjustments on the day and were made to pay.

Word is the next event will be VERY tough.
Looking forward to starting to bowl in this series, and supporting the bowlers who want this sport to go places.

Craig

Ralph, make sure you bowl the next one, Mentone on the 5th of october. 50ft TOC pattern! Very Very tough!

Back
Top Bottom