Restricted Challenge Teams

. I thought Queenslanders were passionate for bowling but may be they aren't - prove me wrong.

We are passionate about our bowling - you only have to look at the level of local tournaments that go on around here all the time.

Unfortunately there is only so far that our Qld dollars stretch too, and these days there seems to be a fair bit of competition on around the same time - it comes down to choice...........

Attention Mannah in response to your email you posted stating that Queenslanders are not passionate for there sport I would have to disagree.
We are very interested in forming a team or teams for this event.
Instead of putting your nose in other states business worry about your own I see you have a mens and ladies team congratulations.
Also it helps to have the required forms, dates,days,costs etc.
The forms for the nationals in Canberra are not even posted on the net yet so how are you to know what days to bowl and the costings.
The Restricted Challenge have only postings on the net that is all.
And also co-operation from our Queensland Association would be a great help too they seem to have no information for us.
I hope this is enough information for you at the moment WHY we have not fielded teams yet.
Keep you posted Mannah,
Renee Thornes QUEENSLAND
Or and by the way have bowled in TASMANIA, MELBOURNE etc. that's no summer holiday for anyone now is it!

Thank you Andrew for the new tread we have printed these off the Restricted Challenge Information Sheets.
Would you have any information on approximate costings for the Restricted Challenge itself and the Nationals Teams,Doubles,Singles and All Events plus Team uniforms.
As we are very interested to be apart of the Queensland team.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Renee,Scott n Gordon. (Could have another 2 women bowlers as they have shown interest as well)

Scott the event costings have not yet been released by TBA. I would however estimate $100 for All Events and approx $200 - $250 for everything else. Challenge Team, like the Seniors, will make their own travel and accom arrangements.
I did tell Dennis in NQ that we wouldn't insist on Jackets so your uniform expenses will be for 2 Team shirts at approx $50 each. As soon as TBA release their costs we will tell you.
The only definite starters we have so far are Dennis Porter and Gail Porter both from Burdekin.
If you are a definite, let me know. I hope the event estimates are reasonable I took advice from Broni the Seniors co-ordinator who is very well informed, (but she did tell me the Seniors never concern themselves about costs).

Great to see that this thread has got back on track and some bowlers are now getting interested and information getting to them.

Looking forward to seeing a Qld team in Canberra in October.

Great to see that this thread has got back on track and some bowlers are now getting interested and information getting to them.
Looking forward to seeing a Qld team in Canberra in October.
Thanks Lyn.
Part of the problem is that due to the high standard of bowling up here it is very hard to find any Queenland bowler who averages under 185 for the men or 175 for the women.
:)

Thanks Lyn.
Part of the problem is that due to the high standard of bowling up here it is very hard to find any Queenland bowler who averages under 185 for the men or 175 for the women.
:)
Are you trying to frighten the opposition already Andrew

Andrew interesting tongue in cheek comment.

A majority of the SQ Darrell Holt Tournament bowlers are ex TBA Walter De Veer bowlers who are true Restricted bowlers.

We all know why the Darrell Holt Tournament was formed and when TBA become serious about Restricted Bowlers again, then the interest will certainly be there, but the reports from the last Nationals was that the restricted bowlers were treated very poorly.

It is a sad day when you can pick up a State shirt because you showed some interest and put your name down, personally if I haven't rolled off and earnt my way into a team I would feel shallow about wearing the state shirt, who is fooling who here...

Andrew interesting tongue in cheek comment.
A majority of the SQ Darrell Holt Tournament bowlers are ex TBA Walter De Veer bowlers who are true Restricted bowlers.
We all know why the Darrell Holt Tournament was formed and when TBA become serious about Restricted Bowlers again, then the interest will certainly be there, but the reports from the last Nationals was that the restricted bowlers were treated very poorly.
It is a sad day when you can pick up a State shirt because you showed some interest and put your name down, personally if I haven't rolled off and earnt my way into a team I would feel shallow about wearing the state shirt, who is fooling who here...

correct me if wrong, but no one indicates that A State Team Shirt wil be Handed to the teams
I can imagine a Shirts they will special made for the teams so they can indicate the state they present,
so dont mix the state shirts with the teams shirts Someone can correct me if i am Wrong

Top Gun,

The paste below is from Andrew's original post, if that is not representing your state then I don't know what is?

Let's not split hairs over it being a made up state shirt, or a real one,(probably made out of the same material and the same company that makes the Rachuig shirts) that is just BS !!

Andrew S states:

"Queensland still has no restricted Challenge Teams.
We can field both a State Team and an Invitational Team.
If anybody is interested in representing, could they please contact TBAQ."

Top Gun,
The paste below is from Andrew's original post, if that is not representing your state then I don't know what is?
Let's not split hairs over it being a made up state shirt, or a real one,(probably made out of the same material and the same company that makes the Rachuig shirts) that is just BS !!
Andrew S states:
"Queensland still has no restricted Challenge Teams.
We can field both a State Team and an Invitational Team.
If anybody is interested in representing, could they please contact TBAQ."

Ok m8 that was my two cents worth maybe you right maybe you wrong maybe some one from the TBAQ can make it clear
Take care

You got the treated poorly part right. Try gettin lifesavers and lollypops as your prize in making the all stars team... Nothing for 2nd, 3rd or 4th place... sad that I travelled to Melbourne for that! 1st place only got money anyways!

Restricted bowlers were treated poorly, to the point I doubt they'll ever come back. I believe in forgiveness, but i'll never travel interstate again for it. I'm only going to ACT this year because I have friends there and we'll do a few squads for fun.

Numbers in the Restricted challenge are very low, I dont think TBA can heal this wound they caused...

If Tenpin Bowling is to move forward then rifts such as this must be patched.
The Holt Tournament Committee under the leadership of Peter Coburn is undoubtedly the premier tournament organisation in Australia.
TBA has new leadership and fixing problems such as this should be a priority.
If it were up to me, I would contract out the entire Nationals to that Committee and give them a free hand.
But its not up to me.

If Tenpin Bowling is to move forward then rifts such as this must be patched.
Can't argue with that. Holt recognises that TBA is the only way the sport will move forward in this country, and we tend to discourage the anti-TBA sentiments where we can (as an organisation)
The Holt Tournament Committee under the leadership of Peter Coburn is undoubtedly the premier tournament organisation in Australia.
I'm sure if Peter was around to read this he'd say the same thing here;
Thanks! :D
That's what you get from a "by the people, for the people" organisation
TBA has new leadership and fixing problems such as this should be a priority.
If it were up to me, I would contract out the entire Nationals to that Committee and give them a free hand.
Actually, Tenpin Bowling Australia did approach Darrell Holt Challenge Inc with a view to conducting the Australian National Championships. We declined, Holt is still in a developmental stage and needs to be the focus first, plus the fact that our tournament committee of myself, the ever marvellous Ronda, and Peter are the very same staff that were 'not required' suddenly.

To be fair to TBA, they made an error in removing the popular event that brought the numbers, and alienated many bowlers. They are trying their best to fix the error and make things right, this years 'new' event may go a long way to that end or it might be a flop, we'll have to wait and see.

In conclusion, I encourage all bowlers who meet the eligibility requirements to consider this event. If it is not supported then why should it stay on the program for next year? "We" demanded its return, now let's support it!

Jeff Whitty
Tournament Director
Holt Challenge Inc

ATTENTION BLACK DUCK,

I AM ONE OF THE PEOPLE INTERESTED IN THE RESTRICTED CHALLANGE TEAM
FOR CANBERRA AND AS YOU PUT IT ONE OF THE PERSONS WILLING TO JUST BE HANDED A STATE TEAM SHIRT, FOR YOUR INFORMATION AND FOR ANYONE ELSE THAT HAS THE SAME OPINION, I HAVE WAS PART OF THE WALTER DEE VEER TEAM ON 4 OCCASIONS, MY WIFE AND FATHER IN LAW HAVE ALSO BEEN MEMBERS OF THE DE VEER TEAMS FOR 4 YEARS, WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR A HAND OUT BUT WE ARE ENTITLED TO PUT OUR HAND UP FOR SOMETHING WE FEEL PASSIONATE ABOUT. IT IS OPINIONS LIKE YOUR THAT WILL DETER PEOPLE FROM PUTTING THEIR NAMES FORWARD FOR THE TEAM.

THANK YOU,
SCOTT THORNES.

Nobody needs to feel that they dont deserve a State shirt simply because the State is short on numbers. This has happened before, both Walter De Veer and Rachuig Teams in Qld have been short of a player or players and I have had to personally go out and plead with people to bowl.
Its not something we like to shout about but it has happened. Those people I asked, took their place in the team and thoroughly deserved it.
From an admin point of view we were very greatful. How those people felt about their elevation into the team is purely academic.
They are all bowlers who love the sport, just because they have put up their hand dont lets adopt a superior attitude towards them.

As Jeff said why not give it a try.

Personally I am in involved in both the Holt Challenge Restricted Team for SA, my husband is bowling in the Holt Restricted Team and my daughter is in the Holt Classic & Restricted Teams. Hubby and I are both in the TBA Restricted Team this year as we felt it seems to be trying to heal the rift BUT if the restricted bowlers get the same treatment as last year we will need a lot of convincing to try again. How does the saying go once bitten, twice shy, three times...... No way

Anyway hoping Qld can get a restricted team together and have a go.

Bowlers who represent their State of Qld whether in Rachuig, Seniors, Disabilities, Restricted ..... are all deserving to wear State shirts as they are representing their States in their respective divisions.

Hi there,

I emailed TBAQ on the 26/6 expressing interest in the restricted teams challenge. I used just the general email and have not had a response to date.
Who would be the person I need to contact there? either by phone or email :)

thanks
Lefty

Back
Top Bottom