Restricted Challenge Teams

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
Queensland still has no restricted Challenge Teams.
We can field both a State Team and an Invitational Team.
If anybody is interested in representing, could they please contact TBAQ.

ANDREW IF YOU COULD PLEASE LET ME KNOW MORE DETAILS I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN ATTEMPTING TO MAKE THE TEAM.

THANK YOU,
SCOTT & RENEE THORNES, GORDON KITCHENER

Scott you will need to go to the TBA web site for details of dates etc. I always have difficulty trying to navigate their site maybe you'll have better luck than me.
At present we have 2 men from NQ who are willing to consider bowling in a team, so we need 2 more to complete the team.
We have 1 lady bowler willing to bowl so another 3 would be great.
Please indicate in this thread if you are prepared to go. Any further interest will be directed to an Invitational team.
At this stage all of you will need to make fairly swift decisions as you have to make travel accom and uniform arrangements.

better response
than the one shown by his footy team on sunday ;)

Sorry Cam I was a little too busy on Sunday supporting the Gold Coast Team at the Association Challenge.
It was a pity more people from the Gold Coast didnt show up to support their Team. They are obviously not interested in that competition.

:confused:ANDREW I CAN'T FIND ANY DETAILS EITHER ON TBA SITE WHO WOULD BE THE BEST PERSON TO RING ABOUT THE TEAM MYSELF AND GORDON ARE INTERESTED IN THE MENS TEAM AND RENEE IS INTERESTED IN THE LADIES TEAM IF WE FIND OUT THE DETAILS IN TIME.
THANK YOU
SCOTT THORNES

Sorry Cam I was a little too busy on Sunday supporting the Gold Coast Team at the Association Challenge.
It was a pity more people from the Gold Coast didnt show up to support their Team. They are obviously not interested in that competition.

I wouldn't say a lack of interest, I would say a loss of faith would be closer to the mark.

:confused:

I wouldn't say a lack of interest, I would say a loss of faith would be closer to the mark.
I actually thought the amount of support there was proportional to the number of bowlers that truly call themselves Gold Coasters? Not to mention the fact that the "Gold Coast" didn't even put forward a full team of men, where was the second reserve? Surely the "Gold Coast" could have found someone to fill in even at short notice?

Its very easy to criticise when you're not aware of all the facts surrounding a situation.
And some of you will have to accept that the Gold Coast is more than Lanes 1 to 20 at Ashmore.

So does that mean that even tho i have bowled at Mt Warren since Sept/Oct last year and have not missed one night from then til now (as the league is still going) that i am not truly classed as a Gold Coast bowler in some poeples eyes???
So if Mt Warren is classed as part of Brisbane for next year and i choose to say bowl at Burleigh will i be classed as a Gold Coast bowler then or will i be only classed as a true GC bowler if i bowl at Ashmore????
Puss

So does that mean that even tho i have bowled at Mt Warren since Sept/Oct last year and have not missed one night from then til now (as the league is still going) that i am not truly classed as a Gold Coast bowler in some poeples eyes???
So if Mt Warren is classed as part of Brisbane for next year and i choose to say bowl at Burleigh will i be classed as a Gold Coast bowler then or will i be only classed as a true GC bowler if i bowl at Ashmore????
Puss
No, I don't think anyone has ever said that a bower is only a Gold Coast bowler if they bowl at Ashmore (But it does help :) ). But there was a lot talk after nominatations that some bowlers only bowled 18 games at Mt Warren, so they could qualify for Gold Coast team, as they were told that they would be automatically selected if they did. I don't know how true that is, but if that is true then I can understand why a lot of people that live on the Gold Coast were upset.

Puss,

You will need to Eat, Sleep and **** at Ashmore Bowl, for the next ten years (without missing a week) before you could even be closely considered being a Gold Coast bowler in some people’s eyes…Maybe you might even have to start kissing their feet and wiping there Arse before you could closely be considered…

Funny how people who live on the Gold Coast can roll off for another Association yet that’s ok nothing is said about that…But when the shoe is on the other foot they all want to make some noise…

Any wonder with **** heads like that in the sport, it’ going nowhere…It’s about time all this bull**** stopped, the Gold Coast Association consists of more than one ****ing bowling centre…

As for the rumours that’s all they are and they seem to stem from one centre, I can see a common denominator here…
NO ONE WAS TOLD THAT THEY WERE A SHOE IN OF SELECTION IF THEY JUST GOT THEIR 18 GAMES UP!

Where were these so called bowlers for the past 5-10 years when the teams struggled to get numbers at Roll Off’s …when these same 3-5 bowlers in both men and ladies travelled EVERY YEAR for the Gold Coast to Rockhampton, Bundy Sunshine Coast, Caboolture and the likes…All of a sudden these people want in when its close and disappear again when it suits…Show some loyalty to those who have shown theirs…

Puss (and everyone else that is wondering) it is all about where your heart is and only you know the answer to that. From what I understand you haven't bowled the challenge for a few years and were very good support in the team. I don't care if you bowl at Ashmore, Tweed, My Warren or anywhere else that gets nominated as being within the Gold Coast boundary. What I do care about is people bowling for the Gold Coast who don't actually consider themsleves as Gold Coasters. If your heart and sole is in it then go for it..........if it's not then don't. I was worried that some people that were in the team would be offended by my post and I want you all to understand that as long as you call yourself a Gold Coaster and your heart is in it then that's great. Only you guys know which one of you are and which ones are not.

Funny how people who live on the Gold Coast can roll off for another Association yet that’s ok nothing is said about that…But when the shoe is on the other foot they all want to make some noise…

I agree with this, being one of the so called "Gold Coasters"

All associations should have the same selection criteria, then no foul could be called.

Where were these so called bowlers for the past 5-10 years when the teams struggled to get numbers at Roll Off’s …when these same 3-5 bowlers in both men and ladies travelled EVERY YEAR for the Gold Coast to Rockhampton, Bundy Sunshine Coast, Caboolture and the likes…All of a sudden these people want in when its close and disappear again when it suits…Show some loyalty to those who have shown theirs…

I have rolled off at every roll off I could for the last 5 - 10 years. Always has been a roll off for the mens, never seen a complete field for the ladies though.

Didn't nominated last year for it was nomination, and I didn't have any faith in the system, or selectors, and was told by one of the selectors "If you don't have faith in the selection committee , you wouldn't nominate, would you?".

So I don't quite see your entire point being correct.

IMHO.

Craig

Puss (and everyone else that is wondering) it is all about where your heart is and only you know the answer to that. From what I understand you haven't bowled the challenge for a few years and were very good support in the team. I don't care if you bowl at Ashmore, Tweed, My Warren or anywhere else that gets nominated as being within the Gold Coast boundary. What I do care about is people bowling for the Gold Coast who don't actually consider themsleves as Gold Coasters. If your heart and sole is in it then go for it..........if it's not then don't. I was worried that some people that were in the team would be offended by my post and I want you all to understand that as long as you call yourself a Gold Coaster and your heart is in it then that's great. Only you guys know which one of you are and which ones are not.

After the weekend i believe that everyones heart and soul was put into bowling for the Gold Coast (well that is the feeling i got anyway from the team)...We were all there to try and win it for the Coast and i reckon we gave it a pretty good shot. Brisbane were always going to be hard to beat on their home turf.

As most ppl will know i had previously bowled nine years for Brisbane and had not bowled for a few years. This year i chose to come back to Association Challenge and due to certain circumstances i chose to bowl for the Gold Coast and i must say that i thoroughly enjoyed bowling with everybody. I believe the team gelled really well and i don't think they could have been more welcoming to the new team memebers if they tried. It was a great team environment to be around.

Whether i bowl at Mt Warren again next year or whether i have to go further down the coast i will say here and now that i will be nominating again for the Gold Coast team and if im fortunate enough to make the team again i can gaurentee everybody that i will be giving it my all for the Coast.

Puss

Well said Kathy you are stil goodenough to make the aus team. Did Brisbane change the condition to suit themselves on the seconds day onwards cause they were loosing. Like Mustard it was maybe just rumours i heard.

Back
Top Bottom