QUEENSLANDER!!!!

Queensland had to win this year wouldn't have looked too good if they had lost 4yrs running, might not have turned up next year. LOL.:p

aphelion said:
One thing I hate about Queenslanders is that even when they win they find something to bitch about.
Does the name Barry Gomersall ring any bells? NSW have about 10 years' worth of favourable decisions owing.

Oh Greg....

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME[-X

aphelion said:
One thing I hate about Queenslanders is that even when they win they find something to bitch about.
Does the name Barry Gomersall ring any bells? NSW have about 10 years' worth of favourable decisions owing.
oh so true mate

While I agree Tonie isn't the prettiest player going around, Johnathan Thurston, Locky, Dallas Johnson, Chris Flannery and Josh Hannay are all pretty cute.

Especially Johnathan - he just came into my work (about 5 minutes ago!) and I must say he had a very healthy post-Origin winning glow. ;)

Krissy (Still flustered after meeting him!)

I have to agree with the Barry Gomersall comment. NSW should have to have about 10 years worth of favourable decisions coming to them.
Now that its all over with though, Im looking forward to next years series, should be another cracker.

KriDdLe said:
Remember Greg McCallum... nsw's answer to the grasshopper... pretty were even ;)

Well Said.......100%

HOWS this though..

QUEENSLAND'S top rugby league official has branded the refereeing in the Origin decider as "incompetent at best" and said standards had fallen dramatically since the retirement of Bill Harrigan.

QRL managing director Ross Livermore also called for the scrapping of the system where only Sydney-based referees were used in the NRL and representative football.

Still seething at referee Steve Clark's display in Queensland's thrilling 16-14 win over NSW in the Origin decider at Melbourne's Telstra Dome, Livermore said he was going on the front foot in his criticism because he could not be accused of sour grapes.

Livermore said the QRL had been complaining for some time about deteriorating standards of refereeing and Wednesday night's performance by Clark and video referee Graeme West was the final straw.

"Surely the best referees should not be making the simple mistakes we saw last night," Livermore said.

"The best you could say about the display was that it was incompetent. I was sitting with some former New South Wales players and they couldn't believe some of the decisions.

"It's a load of hogwash that you have to move to Sydney to get a look in and the QRL has already started moves to get referees from Queensland into the NRL system.

"We have (former Test referee) Eddie Ward working full time here and he could supervise blokes up here."
Livermore said he was outraged that Clark and West had tried to defend some of their decisions on Wednesday night when they should have been offering apologies.

The Queensland camp was furious with at least five decisions, in particular a stripping ruling which denied a try to Maroons lock Tonie Carroll and another that gave NSW winger Eric Grothe his second try after an obvious knock-on by fullback Brett Hodgson.

Livermore said he had heard Hodgson had admitted to a knock-on in leaping for a bomb from Craig Gower but West had claimed his decision was correct.

"It's just not good enough," Livermore said.

"It's one thing to make a mistake but not to apologise is a different thing altogether."

Referees coach Robert Finch backed West's decisions to rule a NSW try after what appeared to be a Hodgson knock-on and to disallow a try to Carroll after Steve Price stripped a ball from Eric Grothe.

"As far as the Hodgson incident is concerned, it's important to remember the referee does not have discretion in these areas," Finch said.

"He has to have evidence of the ball touching the arm or hand to be a knock-on.

"Graeme could see no evidence of that and there is nothing in the video that I've seen that shows the ball coming into contact with the arm or the hand."

Finch was equally adamant the Carroll verdict was correct.

Finch conceded Clark made an error in ruling Queensland half Johnathan Thurston knocked on a ball he did not play at.

Interesting read i say....

Better training of Referees of interpretation of the Rules would be a good start..

funny.. rekon we should just get someone from another state other then qld and nsw to ref... maybe even a KIWI!!! lol.... someone who's not biased to either side of the field!!!

KriDdLe said:
funny.. rekon we should just get someone from another state other then qld and nsw to ref... maybe even a KIWI!!! lol.... someone who's not biased to either side of the field!!!

Problem is, how many interstate referees are there? If queensland refs don't get a look in I don't think a victorian will either...

Back
Top Bottom