Qld Youth Team Supporters

cindyd

cindyd
Hi just wondering if there are any parents,partners,friends or sponser making the trip down to Werribee to watch and support the youth team next year if you are and you intend to stay at the same place the bowlers are you had better start saving your pennys now. They have 2 Bedroom Apartments that start at $250 a night they either have a king and 2 singles or a double and a king bed in each apartment. The team apparently have 3 of these
booked,can't wait to see thier accommadition bill and the sleeping arrangements with 4 guys 4 girls 2 coaches and 2 managers. Don't know what the problem was with where they have stayed the last 2 years in was in a good position with everything in reasonable reach.
Cindyd

Cindy couldnt agree more. Im not a big fan off whats happening this year to be honsest. Being force to do all these things I can understand most but this Asply event and things like this are making us wonder why we worry.

Check this out myself and Yvette are going to adult nationals and both bowling championships and the state team events. And its only going to cost as around around less then $2500 for the total for both of us. When you add everything Yvette as to do for for youth its close to that just for her. U would think they would try to make it affordable so that not people with just money rolloff but everyone we can get so we can sent the best team we have. And of couse a lot of the money for Yvette youth isnt just going away its the fact that you have to bowl in such events and for us this cost us a lot of money. for fuel entry and accomadition I wonder if this is a problem for others also?

OK - I'm taking this as a personal attack, as I am on the committe.
The Accomodation is closer then last year and the team got the rooms for the same price as they did last year - Due to Gina (Thank you).

And if you all have issues about they way things are being run, why don't you do what I did this year and GET ON THE COMMITTEE - its not hard you just have to ring tbaq, and when your on the committe then you can whinge and b*tch about not getting your way. BUT until then save your critism until your on the committe.

THANK YOU
KRYSTAL

Oh also - TBA have made it clear that we can not take the aspley youth cup off as a requirement, so if you got issues - Ring them.

Krystal im not trying to attack anyone. And we dont want aspley to change. We understand why this was put in place.

Bottom line we are trying to get at is that we should be trying to making it easyier for youth bowlers being able to try out for the team and afford everything that is asked and its a short ask to pay for all this stuff in such short time. If they werent forced to bowl in those 2 tournments it would make life much easyier.

I dont want to join the committe but my thoughs are if you talk up someone might see what people think and at least we might get results that will help get number back in to such events.

Maybe you should send a legitimate letter to tbaq and then they can advise the committee for next year about the what people think. NOT when its already done and finished with.

Maybe I will do!!!! WHEN IM GOOD AND READY. I didnt relise I was trying to change it this year? I was making a comment about the future of making it easyier.

If you all have issues about they way things are being run, why don't you do what I did this year and GET ON THE COMMITTEE - its not hard you just have to ring tbaq, and when your on the committe then you can whinge and b*tch about not getting your way. BUT until then save your critism until your on the committe.
THANK YOU
KRYSTAL

Here, here Krystal,

This is one of the biggest problems in this sport, everbody is quick to put their 2 cents in, have a whinge, b i t c h, gripe, cry, hissy fit whatever. But no one wants to put their hand up and help out, take control of the situation or give people a pat on the back when things go well.

Let's all just focus on the negatives, criticise and whinge. Heaven forbid anyone getting of their fat a r s e s and actully trying to get things done.

If you go back through the forum you'll be surprised how many negative and whinny comments are made on here.

Robert, this is not directly pointed at you, but just my thoughts. Brad bowled the Total Bowling circuit last year and this was something he committed to and knew up front what his expenses would be. Having a newborn and not knowing what he could commit to and the difficulty travelling Brad opted out of the Touring Circuit for this year.

I imagine all the Youth bowlers would have known what their requirements were, prior to rolling off also. We all have lives outside of bowling and all the expenses that go along with it. So really it comes down to budgeting and if money is tight then really people should not commit to an event they can't afford.

Rachel

Here, here Krystal,
This is one of the biggest problems in this sport, everbody is quick to put their 2 cents in, have a whinge, b i t c h, gripe, cry, hissy fit whatever. But no one wants to put their hand up and help out, take control of the situation or give people a pat on the back when things go well.
Let's all just focus on the negatives, criticise and whinge. Heaven forbid anyone getting of their fat a r s e s and actully trying to get things done.
If you go back through the forum you'll be surprised how many negative and whinny comments are made on here.
Robert, this is not directly pointed at you, but just my thoughts. Brad bowled the Total Bowling circuit last year and this was something he committed to and knew up front what his expenses would be (I imagine all the Youth bowlers would have known waht their requirements were, prior to rolling off also) We all have lives outside of bowling and all the expenses that go along with it. So really it comes down to budgeting and if money is tight then really people should not commit to an event they can't afford. We have a newborn and cannot afford the travel this year (along with it being difficult) so Brad had opted out of the Touring Circuit.
Rachel

Yes we know the cost and its not a problem Rachel

We take away our local juniors away to Rocky and look after them and we know the problems that we face with money and other issues. Money is a big problem with this sport we try out best to fund rasie as much as we can for out local juniors so its cheap and everyone get a chance to roll off.

Our point is we dont get great numbers to the youth rolls off for the past so many years and now we have more things they must do I question if this in fact will help us get more numbers in to the roll offs. Its just if i didnt say anything would anything ever change to look at this I dont know. I love the sport same as Yvette we would love to see the sport grow and become big and better. Making it harder and more money I dont see it being an answer unless you want to start picking the team with out a roll offs becos the way numbers keep dropping though out the years this might come into affect before you know it.

I totally agree, Brad has had to cut right back on his bowling because we simply can't afford it. Worst part ism he's not even doing it at a representative level. He's been approached on numerous times by people telling him to roll off fro Rachuig. He'd love to do it, but simple point is "We can't afford it" so he misses out :(

I don't know what the answer is to getting the youth bowlers in. I've been in bowling all my life and now I'm one of Taya's groupies LOL and the response to all the local events is really appalling.

I really have no answers :surrender:

just a little note - this year has had the most numbers in a while. For Youth Rolls offs that is. Everyone who bowls well and truely knows the cost. Unfortunately its more about budgeting and marketing. And because we got the nomination form out earlier this year it gave it longer to be advertised and more people knew about it. And with the appropriate budgeting you can afford anything.

Yes we know the cost and its not a problem Rachel
We take away our local juniors away to Rocky and look after them and we know the problems that we face with money and other issues. Money is a big problem with this sport we try out best to fund rasie as much as we can for out local juniors so its cheap and everyone get a chance to roll off.
Our point is we dont get great numbers to the youth rolls off for the past so many years and now we have more things they must do I question if this in fact will help us get more numbers in to the roll offs. Its just if i didnt say anything would anything ever change to look at this I dont know. I love the sport same as Yvette we would love to see the sport grow and become big and better. Making it harder and more money I dont see it being an answer unless you want to start picking the team with out a roll offs becos the way numbers keep dropping though out the years this might come into affect before you know it.

If you think you don't get great numbers to your roll off you should look at other states, you had enough bowlers to fill 2 teams, most states can't even get enough to fill one..

I wish NQ had your roll off problems, bowling hardly exists up here..

The biggest thing is that those of us who have bowled numberous state teams know more than most how much it really costs to go away. And if you think it was costly in juniors that soon became more when you got to youth and you not only had bowling tournaments to pay for, but every living cost out there. Yes what you spend your money on is by choice.. and yes the bowlers know the costs before they nominate and roll off for a team. But I know for a fact that this years requirements to represent your own state included more costs then what there has been in any previous youth team. It just might make more sense to keep things to a basics and needs for the team so that it doesnt make things unaffordable for some. This isnt an attack at anyone, just my two cents.

Krystal if you and others want to take the comments put on here as personal suit yourself. We don't have to be on any commitee to voice our opinion which we are entitled to do so, throwing insults around will not help. As a sponsor of one of the youth bowlers going away i am more than entitled to ask the questions about what my money is being spent on. As for the Aspley tournament nothing has been said about it being a requirement, its about being held with maybe 10 entries. Once again is it worth sponsoring this. Surely any one can see it needs to be either cancelled or postponed if not for the bowlers but for the centres sake won't they look good having it run with this many entries or cancelling it at the last minute.
Cindyd.

Bowling in any major event these days is a very costly experience. And I too like Brad can't bowl in many events anymore because I just can't afford it.

Budgeting is really the only way to go. If you want to compete at a high level in the sport and you want to represent where you come from, you need to put in to get anything out. It sucks really because if your not born with a silver spoon in your mouth you find putting in pretty hard. Especially when it comes to buying new equipment, accessories etc. Not to mention general living expenses.

The bowlers who rolled off for the team knew what sort of expenses they would have to lay out. Unfortunately, nothing is cheap anymore. You just have to grin and bare it if you want to go.

My involvement with State Teams both SNR and JNR in particular whilst I lived in Tasmania, cost was always a factor. This was due to that stretch of water between Tas and the big island meaning 90% of the time we would have to fly. We used to assist the team members and officials etc by using a trust system; say the bowler payed $20 a week till the time we would fly to whatever state was hosting the event. It just took a little strain of having to find a big chunk at the end. This worked particularly well as it was easy to find a small amount a week from the bowler/s. The fundraising dollar aside and we all know its tighter these days, the onus is on the bowler to mostly fund a large portion of the costs. the trust account worked quite well in this situation.:)

We used to assist the team members and officials etc by using a trust system; say the bowler payed $20 a week till the time we would fly to whatever state was hosting the event. It just took a little strain of having to find a big chunk at the end. This worked particularly well as it was easy to find a small amount a week from the bowler/s. The fundraising dollar aside and we all know its tighter these days, the onus is on the bowler to mostly fund a large portion of the costs. the trust account worked quite well in this situation.:)

What a fantastic idea :thumbup:

Krystal if you and others want to take the comments put on here as personal suit yourself. We don't have to be on any commitee to voice our opinion which we are entitled to do so, throwing insults around will not help. As a sponsor of one of the youth bowlers going away i am more than entitled to ask the questions about what my money is being spent on. As for the Aspley tournament nothing has been said about it being a requirement, its about being held with maybe 10 entries. Once again is it worth sponsoring this. Surely any one can see it needs to be either cancelled or postponed if not for the bowlers but for the centres sake won't they look good having it run with this many entries or cancelling it at the last minute.
Cindyd.

There is a difference between voicing your a opinion and ridiculing a someones decision on an open forum. You have a right to know where your money is going being someone who is sponsoring a bowler. BUT you don't have go on an open forum and throw around antagonising comments. Its not hard to pick up a phone and ring Gina and ask her about the expense for the youth team. Its going to cost the same as last year.

Aspley Youth Cup was written on the entry form as a requirement to particpate if you made the team.

this is a little of subject but anyway.

the bowlers who rolled off for the youth team had a rough idea about how much it would cost. Taya you said this... If you want to compete at a high level in the sport and you want to represent where you come from, you need to put in to get anything out. The female bowlers who made the youth team have all put their names down for aspley cup (except for the people who have an exemption)but what are we getting out of it? a field of 5 girls, and yes budgeting is the way to go, but $190 is a little extreme to enter a tournament with only 5 girls competing. By all means this isn't an attack to you, this is just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom