Qld Invitational Youth Rolloff nominations close 5 September

Hi All

Just a reminder nominations close on the 5th September, 2007.

At the moment we do not have enough nominations for a roll off.

If this situation does not change by the 5th September,2007 then those who have nominated by that date will receive automatic entry into the team.

Gina Gilliland
Chairperson

This is just an observation about the Youth Challenge over previous years:

1st Youth Challenge - 2003 - Bankstown - NSW
2nd Youth Challenge - 2004 - Bankstown - NSW
3rd Youth Challenge - 2005 - Morwell - VIC
4th Youth Challenge - 2006 - Werribee - VIC
5th Youth Challenge - 2007 - Werribee - VIC
6th Youth Challenge - 2008 - Werribee - VIC

Does anybody else think that after 6 Youth Challenges in NSW and Vic that Queensland deserves a chance to host one?

I don't know other people's reasons for not nominating this year (apart from the nominations usually being slow to come in), but I'm not paying over a grand to go away for a few days when it's held in another state every single year.

In addition, the host state has won the event overall every single year.
2003 - NSWC
2004 - NSWC
2005 - VIC
2006 - VIC
2007 - VIC

Porto brought up a valid point with me in that did any QLD centres actually apply to host the Youth Challenge.

Perhaps they didn't but if not, TBAQ perhaps should look at promoting the idea to centres up here to get someone to tender. Some excellent examples I can think of are Caboolture, Chermside and Aspley...

TBAQ were asked to help Mt Gravatt secure the 2008 Junior Nationals and guess what they got them…

http://www.totalbowling.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=21970

TBAQ asks centres all the time to tender for these events…Its then up to the CENTRE OWNERS to run their businesses accordingly…TBAQ can’t twist their arms…At the end of the day they run their businesses not TBAQ…

Don't forget though that it is always going to go to the centre with the "best bid" so to speak. I have bowled in the previous 2 youth teams challenges and am participating in the next one as well. Even from WA, i don't mind going to Werribee every year to bowl in it. But don't forget as well, the "Golden Triangle" of states aren't the only people bowling, so perhaps the rest of the country could also be considered for hosting the events? I would love to bowl any nationals in Queensland as i have been to VIC, TAS, and NSW for nationals and enjoy travelling to different states to compete for my state. But i do agree with you tim, we should move the nationals around, perhaps a rotation of states could be bought up with TBA, food for thought?

My 2 cents anyway

Matt Watson

well i think that if they were held at somewhere like mt gravatt i would have a go for sure

Back
Top Bottom