Presidents Shield washup

philby

O.K. its over for another year. What is everybodys impressions of this years event. Highlights, Lowlights personal triumphs. Heres a starter. To the TBA Queensland dont be afraid to ask for help there are people in the stands only to willing to help run the tornament. You just have to ask. The dinner dance what a schamozzle. Food at 9.45 Air-con to hot then to cold. Venue to small to many people it goes on. The depth of sth queensland junior bowling and jade wasnt even bowling. The number of bowlers who came down sick Where was the medical people. Lets do this better next time. I look forward to hearing peoples opinions. My personal highlights. Vic boys days 1 started like a house on fire. Unfortuatly couldnt sustain the effort. Mattos 300 in masters and i missed it. Maybe i'll see the next one. The overall depth of talent in the junior ranks. Ive read some postings here bagging junior bowling well you must have been at a different centre. Anyway thats my opinion

In response to part of the previous post, TBA Queensland had nothing to do with the administration of the event. The Junior Championships are a National event run by the National body. Certainly TBA National has an office in Queensland, however the only championships run by TBA Queensland are the Queensland State titles.
Andrew Shinnie.

Philby, please clarify what you mean by this statement?

"The depth of sth queensland junior bowling and jade wasnt even bowling"

icon_confused.gif

Philby,

Why on earth would you think that the TBAL Junior National Championships, by name and by definition, a NATIONAL event, were run by TBAQ (the Tenpin Bowling Association of Quensland), by name and by definition, a STATE organisation???

Was it because Queensland already gets blamed by you Mexicans for hogging the best of everything? Best weather, best beaches, best scenery, best looking girls, best Aussie Rules team (at least at home, LOL), best Pura Milk Cup Cricket team, best State of Origin Rugby League team, best League Club team, best Aussie tennis player, best Aussie golfer, best Aussie swimmers......the list goes on and on. Oh, I nearly forgot, best President's Shield team (11 wins in the last 21 years, plus a bunch of 2nds).

Was this your way of balancing up the ledger? LOL.
icon_biggrin.gif

Incidently, you're right about one thing; there's nothing wrong (and plenty right) with the standard of junior bowling in Australia at present. Now what we need to do is to make sure as many as possible of these Junior stars make the transition to Adult stars. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom