pin and cg position ... help

could someone please help me with how the pin and cg position relate to the balls motion down the lane???:confused:

i understand about the core but i do not get how having the pin and cg in different place creates different motions downlane?

cheers:)

thanks jason

tonx answered most of the questions i had.

but couldnt you achieve the same pin to PAP distance even if the finger holes are on the opposite side than the pin??
does that have something to do with the cg and the weight block??

cheers,
chris

As stated in the original post, 6 3/4 is basically only to be used to rule out extreme pap placements. I would only use that method as a worst case scenario.

The pin to PAP determines the core angle. Think of the pin as the TOP of the core. 3 3/8ths is 45 degrees for example. The cg has almost no relevance in ball reaction with todays cores and coverstocks. We place the CG in a position to place a balance hole in a certain location to fine tune flare and RG values of the ball. A balance hole will change the reaction a hell of alot more than a positive or negative static weight value.

i still dont get how one pin postition can lead to 'skid/flip' and anohter pin position lead to more of an arc?

and with the pin to pap distance, couldnt you achieve the exact same distance with the finger holes on the opposite side of the ball?

cheers

When the pin is further from your PAP it takes longer to get to a stable position so it goes longer down the lane. Thats why a ball witH the pin 5 1/2 inches from your pap will 'go longer' than a ball where the pin is 2 inches from your pap.

When the pin is further from your PAP it takes longer to get to a stable position so it goes longer down the lane. Thats why a ball witH the pin 5 1/2 inches from your pap will 'go longer' than a ball where the pin is 2 inches from your pap.

i get that part...
thanks for the help anyway adrian.

i dont get how having the pin higher or lower affects the ball motion?
eg: having pin above fingers compared to having the pin below the fingers when both have the same pin to pap distance.

thats probably the best i could word my question.
i give up if still noone gets it. lol:surrender:

cheers:)

Ah now you're getting into how far the pin is from your vertical axis line. Like balance hole placements it's more for fine tuning to get the reaction you want. Between this, pin to PAP distances and all those different things you can do to the surface theres a lot to learn but its worth learning.

Back
Top Bottom