Overview of Rachuig Group Training Session...Townsville 17/07/2009

No I didn't make a mistake, this is how much we got out of it.

I feel really sorry for the guys who travelled hours to be there, for what absolutely nothing.

The best word to describe it is a farce, as this is exactly what it was.

What a complete and utter waste of time.

The below information concerning the camp/clinic was sent direct to all team members;

1ST of two OFFICIAL GROUP TRAINING WORKSHOPs:

July 17th Friday evening at Kirwan Bowl Townsville for Bowlers located in North Queensland

The program will start at approximately 5.30pm and go till 10.30pm at the nominated Centres

(Try 5.30pm to 7.30pm - a couple of lucky bowlers were addressed as individuals on the lane, while other members were not spoken to at all during the 2hrs that we actually did something). I actually found it extremely bizarre and odd that out of five nominated State team coaches, not one was present??

All Bowlers are asked to take all equipment they will be taking to Mt Gravatt for Rachuig. [B]The purpose of the workshop is to outline best practical game plan of playing the lane with an appropriately prepared ball surface, and layout at the three stages of play – early condition, transition and late session play.[/B]

(Maybe I was snoozing as I missed all of this, actually no I wasn't it simply wasn't done which I find absolutely ridiculous).

I keep thinking that maybe it was some kind of lateral thinking masterstroke, that by treating the team members so poorly it would bring us closer together and make us a tight knit unit. But then reality set in and I realised that it was just another cluster.......

There is so much more I could say on this topic but that maybe grounds for them to kick me out of the team, hell they may still do so.

But you know what, I am at the point where I really don't care as this whole rafferty's rules system is a joke - apart from this waste of a Friday night, we have some bowlers who pay their allocated committments on time, and others that don't (requiring numerous emails to be sent), we have bowlers who attend compulsory training sessions and do the required work, we have some who merely turn up and do nothing, and then we have some that just don't turn up.

I know there are many people who feel the same as me, but who may prefer to stay silent until after Nationals and I totally respect that. But I figure if nothing is said then nothing will change.

Rant Over

Steve Hunt

Totally true.
4 of us ladies from Cairns drove to Townsville and back. 8 hours drive for 1 game of practice, pretty much all we bowled.

Complete waste of time.

I could not agree more - 8 hours driving 2 hours bowling.....................

We all are very busy people and make the effort to attend whatever we are asked to attend.............and to completely waste our time is simply unacceptable!!!!!

Leanne

'Teaching' lane play strategy on a glorified house condition? That'll take a whole 5 seconds :p

I am also extremely disappointed about the lack of agenda which was supposed to be our COMPULSORY Rachuig Group Training Session. It is very hard to make the time to travel the 4 hours to Townsville especially to be there on a Friday afternoon at 5.30pm.

I would however like to thank Geoff Ott for his time and feedback and a big "Thank You" to Kerri and Gary Bailey who AGAIN have given Leanne and myself a place to sleep and eat. This has saved us at least our accommodation costs on our list of expenses incurred for this trip which was a complete and utter waste of time.

I don't usually voice my opinions - but I think this needs to be addressed.
Madeleine Hill.

WOW! That sounds dreadfully disappointing. You are right Maddy, it is very unlike you to comment publicly so I know it must have been warranted. I too would be rather unhappy having travelled from Cairns like you guys have for so little measurable benefit in your preparation for Rachuig. Hope you get some improvement from having brought this to attention. While I am here wishing the NQ team all the best for Rachuig.

So did anybody take the disapointment up with the powers to be??????? or did we just winge and complain to the world again.................:confused::confused:

Eric R

Back
Top Bottom