One ball tournament ?

finspin

Ever thought if I had this or that ball I might be competitive.
What if you all had the same ball and only that ball in a tournament.
Surely it would be down to the bowlers skill and not the equipment.
Well its happening in the UK, See the entry form

http://www.talktenpin.co.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1366&Itemid=78

The Roto grip MTX is the only bowling ball allowed to be used throughout the duration of this tournament. The ball will be supplied as part of the entry fee to this tournament and will be delivered to the pro shop of your choice. It is the entrants responsibility to meet the costs for the drilling of the ball with their chosen pro shop. Finger inserts and Thumb slug will be supplied with the ball.

This has been well discussed on the British version of Total Bowling called
Talk Tenpin, see below the forum relating to this event

http://www.talktenpin.co.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=99999999&topic=1583.0

very intresting only 60euro what is that like 118$ australian? so is it euro60 4 entry and ball??

We ran a league in our centre a couple of years ago, where everybody in the league used the same ball. You paid off the ball whilst you bowled the league, I think it was something along the lines of $5-$10 extra in the cost of the league each week & you got to keep the ball. It did make the league very competetive though, the fact that everyone was using the same ball meant that you had to rely more on your skills than the equipment...

I think it's a great concept & I would bowl in such a tournament

I still don't get how do they differentiate their own balls? Do they have to looked at the the ball drilling each time before they bowl to see whether it's their own ball or not?

However, i think this concept is a good one, i'm pretty interested in it!

What about a plastic/spare ball? Shooting 10 pins with highly reactive gear could be a bit of a challenge if the edge is dry. I know sparing is a lost art in todays equipment dominated game, but being allowed a plastic ball for spares would be nice. But I think it's a great idea and we should have a few of these out here.

I would love to bowl in something like this!!!

It would be a good test of players ability, versatility and knowledge....

I am sure there are top players out there (George Frilingos and Carol Gianotti come to mind but i could be wrong) that dont use a different ball for spares...

I would love to see someone like Columbia come out with a one ball event - where can i put my name down??

yes it might be the same ball for all but not the same drilling
????????????????????????????
drill your ball wrong for the tournment and your gone.
hahahaahahaahahahahahaahah

so what happens if your one ball gets damaged, your stuffed or you get a new one?,

i'd be happy to bowl in an event with one ball allowed if the bowler could choose it. but not if someone was selecting it for me, i mean there are some brands i've never been able to get results with and some i have, why should people that may not match up with the given brand get a disadvantage to start with. if you want it level let everyone bring their best all purpose ball then they can't blame the ball or lanes just their own skill level

how interesting i can remember bowling rachuig in85,86 along side jeanette baker and carol gianotti and all i used was a roto grip we were taught to trust your equipment,would love to see this tourni in aust.

It sure would sort out some of the bowlers up here who are constantly changing their gear through a tournament. I too would really like to be in something like that. It would teach me a lot about trusting both my shot and the lane condition.

i'd be happy to bowl in an event with one ball allowed if the bowler could choose it. but not if someone was selecting it for me, i mean there are some brands i've never been able to get results with and some i have, why should people that may not match up with the given brand get a disadvantage to start with. if you want it level let everyone bring their best all purpose ball then they can't blame the ball or lanes just their own skill level

The idea is that everyone bowls with the same ONE ball. The balls are supplied by a manufacturer.They send the ball to your nominated proshop to drill according to your instructions. each ball has a serial No... NO SPARE BALLS ALLOWED. In this case RotoGrip are supplying the balls..Just a note one of the bowlers in the UK already has a couple of nominated balls but is not allowed to use them. Has to use the one sent to his proshop

If the event took off, other balls makers could get in on the act. I personally think it was quite clever of Rotogrip to be involved as bowlers who take part will end up with one of their balls and may just tempt the bowlers to try others in their range
This is a test of the bowlers ability, ie using your skill to match up to the conditions and not turning to your bag and picking out a ball to match up. when conditions change

It could be differcult to id your ball from all the others, but you could engrave your name on the ball or use different coloured inserts and plugs.

I'm not playing this event in the UK, but should it come closer to London I would definitely give it a go.

trouble is with one ball from one company, everyone can blame it doesn't match up yada yada with in some case it does better for some than others. or its the wrong ball for the lanes

you make it the bowlers choice then they only have their skill level to blame nothing else

trouble is with one ball from one company, everyone can blame it doesn't match up yada yada with in some case it does better for some than others. or its the wrong ball for the lanes

you make it the bowlers choice then they only have their skill level to blame nothing else

or the brands get together and put a series together. 1 round per manufacturer. Storm, Track, Ebonite, Rotogrip, Brunswick, Hammer etc. Could work if the brands were willing to put in. just my 2c

true but unless they cover a good part of the cost you are going to have a very high cost event with few entires and honestly i don't need any more balls,

the ones i'm trying to get rid of now are bad enough let alone adding more to the colletion

Back
Top Bottom