Oilling before league

KriDdLe

Just want to put the question out there... But is oiling before a $30 a week league common courtesy or a TBA rule?

Wondering if there is any TBA rules in regards to this? :confused:

I know many bowlers paying the big bucks don't appreciate bowling on a second hand condition week in week out.

it's at the centres discretion. There are no TBA rules regarding when the conditioning is done.
Most centres will condition once a day in the afternoon. If a league wants lanes reconditioned before they start then it's something they will need to bring up with the centre manager.

I remember bowling in 830pm and 8pm leagues, you get whatever is left after the 6pm league in most cases.... makes for a challenge but nothing id be complaing about, its simply not that important to me.

Having said that i do like the 7pm sunday league on the fresh condition, but with everyone on the same line it doesn tlast long anyway.

Sounds like something you and the others who dont appreciate it should bring up with the centre manager rather than post on TB.

G'Day,

I look at it this way. The broken conditions will make you a better player and teach you a lot more than the typical house shot ever would.

So in a way, they are doing you a huge favour.

Just want to put the question out there... But is oiling before a $30 a week league common courtesy or a TBA rule?

Wondering if there is any TBA rules in regards to this? :confused:

I know many bowlers paying the big bucks don't appreciate bowling on a second hand condition week in week out.

Ok, I know that is a loaded question by someone who obviously has some sort of gripe with the centre but I am going to respond.

What a stupid, self indulgent question! I mean really, get over yourself.

You bowl in a league at a certain time each week on whatever condition you get. Simple as that. You are demanding when the centre oils now? Honestly, I can't believe you even asked that.

lol wow you don't like anyone do you Kevin.

It's a fair question. If you don't like that question don't respond.

Hey Krystal.

I was planning on bringing this up also with the bowl. I have not seen the kegel out in about 8 weeks prior to our league.

To further add to that, on Wednesday nite, there were social bowlers everywhere up to about 5 minutes before starting. It is very disappointing.

As a footnote, this is a 46 week season x $30 per night, so bowlers should and are entitled to ask questions!!!!!! So to Casual Observer, if you dont like the question, please be polite and dont respond, as it simply annoys people and after all, this is a forum and people are entitled to say what they think, relevant to a topic.

lol wow you don't like anyone do you Kevin.

It's a fair question. If you don't like that question don't respond.

Gary's a grumpy old FFFF who seems to have a dislike for accountants and lefties as well. It's a legitimate question - is there a rule about oiling for league? Answer appears to be no and in fact some bowls it's a luxury for a go over once a week which makes us happy we bowl at ones that do oil before league. And that is all that needs to be said Gary, no rants necessary.

I've worked in places where the lanes were done mon-fri at 3pm. Some days that meant Junior league & socials were on the lanes before the 6:30pm league started, other days it was quiet and most of the lanes would sit unused. I've also worked at places where lanes were done at 5:30pm and the league had fresh lanes.

It really boils down to how long the centre can hold vacant lanes. 3pm is an ideal time to condition lanes as it's usually a quiet hour till 4pm so it doesn't effect open play. 5:30pm means you can have half your centre sitting empty from 5pm onwards to give the tech a chance to do it all. The only time that works well is if there's a Junior league that you can condition directly afterwards. If that time is a busy open play time then the centre starts losing money by having the lanes out of action.

It's a very rare situation where any league starting after 7:30pm gets fresh lanes.

As I said, the best thing to do is for your league president to talk to the centre manager and see if anything can be arranged.

perhaps they arent putting enough oil down to last cause i have subed at logan at 830 singles on monday they had 2 leagues before i was in and there was a shot there for all 4 games

Shrek, lefties have it easy and if you are an accountant then I am glad I do my own taxes.

As for you others, you bowl on what you are given. It is as simple as that. If they tell you lies about what condition will be laid then that is a different story left for other threads :)

Back
Top Bottom