NSW MASTERS Results

Geoff was completely right in regards to the pattern. If you missed in, you would be punished. Sometimes you got the odd pair that held up in the middle and you got the breaks, but there were a fair array of splits out there. If you were to throw it too wide you may get lucky on pairs like 23-24 to get the recovery and strike but you would more than likely leave splits like the 2-4-8-10 or something similar if you did so, as well as completely miss the head pin. As is the case, there is a really defined hook spot that most bowlers who bowled on the weekend were able to play into with success. The scoring pace was higher than I have EVER seen on Easy Street at Strikezone, and that is an absolute testament to the sheer talent of guys like Glen Loader, Jamie, JP Li and even the likes of the Defending Champion Christian Purdue (nice effort on your title defence, matey...oh so very close), as well as bowlers like Nat Shelley and Jen. That's the key thing to remember and that should not be taken away from the bowlers who bowled telephone numbers. I'd like to also congratulate all the bowlers who shot 300 on both weekends. Ross Brown shot 2 and looked unbeatable and I am sure the next time he hits the lanes will be the very same. Dale Fitzgerald also managed a 300 the very first weekend in Trios, along with a massive game of 265. There was also a 299 game bowled by I believe one of the ACT up and coming bowlers which was a pleasure to watch, as well as a 297 by Chris Harvey iun the final game of Masters on top of countless other huge scores.

The key for a lot of the guys was again as Geoff said constant ball speed. A lot of revs was not neccesarily an advantage, but if you could throw it hard enough it was really a matter of just getting the corners out (or in my case tripping the 7-9, 8-10, or 5-6!!!). For me, the harder I hit the ball and the faster I threw it, the higher the scores were. Yet, I mainly stayed left and tried not to hook it too much because the minute I started doing that the corners started to stand up, so for me it was a matter of finding a ball you could throw hard and fast enough to carry.

In the end, I must say a HUGE thank you for the tireless efforts of the NSW TBA in putting together a record-breaking NSW Adult Championships for 2012. As I was informed, there were over 700 entries this year!!! The atomosphere both weekends was incredible, and it just doesn't get much better than that, but I certainly hope it does :) Also, thank you to my fellow staff members for helping all the bowlers feel completely at home and welcome in the centre. You all did awesome!

I must in particular thank all the bowlers who competed. This was definitely one of the most exciting and nerve-racking Masters finals I have ever had the privelege to compete in and it was an honour to bowl and compete alongside bowlers like Glen, Natalie and everybody else who competed this year.

The biggest thank you to me goes out to all my supporters from the weekend, particular mum and all the Strikezone bowlers who stayed to watch, as well as my fellow Wolfpack members. You are all who make the difference and give me the confidence to bowl and help me love the sport more and more every time I hit the lanes. So, thank you for helping me through the weekend :)

On a side note for you, Mr. Doust! That Motiv Cruel you drilled me? NEVER getting rid of it! :D

Cheers,

Rowey

Aw shucks, thanks Rowey. In a game full of nice guys, you stand out, mate!

It's Easy Street guys, it's 10:1. That's why it's not called Relatively Difficult Street. But everyone got on it and beat it like all get out and that's the spirit when it's open like that.

You'd better not get rid of that ball, Rowey. They're not making them any more soon! Let me know when you need it resurfaced. That piece deserves the Haus Machine treatment! Looking forward to creating your next monster.

For all those who thought this shot punished mistakes, NSW Ebonite Sport Series is on the 25th of March. Come test your skills.

Cow

First congrats to everyone and my good friend Glen Loader on the win.

People saying bad shots got punished...I am sorry scores like that people were getting away with alot and Easy Street definitely the correct name for the pattern. Just Saying... :)

At the end of the say all bowled on the same pattern and quality will also finish on top

First congrats to everyone and my good friend Glen Loader on the win.

People saying bad shots got punished...I am sorry scores like that people were getting away with alot and Easy Street definitely the correct name for the pattern. Just Saying... :)

At the end of the say all bowled on the same pattern and quality will also finish on top

I agree, I just didn't want to say it and be the mean one haha. :p

If guys were averaging 230's to high 240's, that is roughly 6-8 strikes a game, every game, with the majority of spares also being converted, which would also mean, that few splits were most likely left and conversions were easier to pick up ie single pin leaves. The lends itself to the theory that the lanes were open and also held up reasonably well as scores stayed high until the end.

Normal house shots shouldn't be used for tournaments and for that matter, a house shot of such ease shouldn't be laid anywhere. These days it seems as though it is a competition between centres around the country as to who can have the easiest lane conditions and the most inflated scores. We don't always need 2:1 ratios to test our skills, but surely 10:1 is just way too easy.

In my defence about shots being punished lol...it wasn't happening very often! Was just giving a bit more of an in-depth analysis as to what happened if it did go wrong. But definitely by FAR the easiest shot you could have asked for. Having said that, again, that shouldn't take away from the people who won and got it done. Some incredible talent out there last Sunday :)

Cheers,

Rowey

In my defence about shots being punished lol...it wasn't happening very often! Was just giving a bit more of an in-depth analysis as to what happened if it did go wrong. But definitely by FAR the easiest shot you could have asked for. Having said that, again, that shouldn't take away from the people who won and got it done. Some incredible talent out there last Sunday :)

Cheers,

Rowey

Certainly wasn't saying some bad shots weren't punished, or saying that those guys who finished up in higher positions didn't put in the effort, you can only bowl on the conditions laid out (and this is the problem), but, everyone should really take these scores with a big grain of salt and reality and at least recognise these scores were predominantly there due to the lane condition.

Certainly wasn't saying some bad shots weren't punished, or saying that those guys who finished up in higher positions didn't put in the effort, you can only bowl on the conditions laid out (and this is the problem), but, everyone should really take these scores with a big grain of salt and reality and at least recognise these scores were predominantly there due to the lane condition.

Couldn't agree more with what you are saying, Mick. That's exactly what I think, too, and I wouldn't think you to ever be a person to say anything like that :) You've had some great insight into things in the past from what I have seen on here, and this is no exception.

Rowey

Aw shucks, thanks Rowey. In a game full of nice guys, you stand out, mate!

It's Easy Street guys, it's 10:1. That's why it's not called Relatively Difficult Street. But everyone got on it and beat it like all get out and that's the spirit when it's open like that.

You'd better not get rid of that ball, Rowey. They're not making them any more soon! Let me know when you need it resurfaced. That piece deserves the Haus Machine treatment! Looking forward to creating your next monster.

You're but too kind, matey. Thanks for the sheer and absolute respect you have always given me :) That's a shame they are being discontinued soon. Let's hope it is like 'The One' or the 'Cuda/C' and gets remade sometime in the future? I'd throw a hundred of them if i could.

Always happy to have a ball resurfaced, haha. I am still yet to decide on the next installment, but am still thinking along the Motiv lines. Will get back to you soon on that one and liked your suggestions for what to get next, so thanks very much for that :)

Rowey

Back
Top Bottom