NSW East Coast Cup Teams

yeah.. there was no under 21's teams this year. i was supposed to be in the graded girls team.... i rolled off for graded ladies and missed out by 22 pins.. congratulations to all who made the team.. have fun in melbourne!!!

It really is a shame about the youth teams not going to Melb this year. Here's hoping that things will look up for next year. Congrats to those who made the other teams though.

I gotta say I'm not sure exactly what happened but its a poor effort that there is no u/21 teams. What does this mean for the future of ECCC? I hope something is done about it for next year

Can't agree more with that. It's a shame to see NSW not sending a team! Definitely will not be the same.

Just curious though if anyone would have any idea about this, but as there is no U21 teams, does this mean in the overall tally of points that NSW has is going to be at a deficit? Or allocated the lowest amount of points in each section of the U21s?

Just wondering how they could/would work around this...

Em

Why not think about drafting the bowlers from Vic and QLD who do not make the respective state teams and make up a composite NSW team and possible include bowlers from NSW who may have made the team had there been numbers for them. (eg Ali, etc)

At least this way the Under 21 teams from QLD & VIC are not disadvantaged

Drafting has been done in other tournaments when state numbers cannot be met and suprisingly some of the drafted bowlers who have not performed well at their respective roll offs have come out and blown it away

Time to think outside the square or is the beginning of the end of a great annual tournament

i think most of us just wanted a break for a yr lol A team back next woody+millar ;)
So what you're saying is 28 u/21 bowlers are just taking the year off at the same time? Well thats ok then....nothing to worry about people!! lol

Congratulations to all who made the team. A bit of a disappointment with not having and U/21s this year but it has been coming over the years.

I am not shocked that NSW did not put under 21 sides in at all. NSW has struggled to put a side together in the U21 for years. Has anyone paid attention to the number of people actually rolling off for the teams. I am positive that figure has been declining over the last 10 years. The amount of bitching and crap that goes on behind the scenes in ECC is pathetic. Is it any wonder that you can't generate interest in it? I bowled one year in ECC in under 21's and i swore after that year that i would never PAY MONEY to put up with crap like that ever again. I would suggest that it is a sign of things to come in NSW if something is not changed in the way the competition is managed and promoted.

If this offends anyone on the NSW ECC committee, tell someone who cares.

But good luck to all that have made the sides, and lets hope for your sake that the competition is fun and friendly for all. And a special congrats again to lil Chowny for throwing yet another 300 in a Roll Off, and to Spoon for his performance in the roll off, sensational stuff boys.

bitching and backstabbing happens in every sport u just gota get ova it really u can neva stop it so yeh i agree with u though nothing out there to promote the event only ppl who know about it pass it on

can we have captains and manager's if it is finished i no qld have all there details up cheers

Back
Top Bottom