No Bowling on Free-To-Air Tv

F

fletcherpritchard

What Really Sucks is the under priveledged bowling families cant watch bowling because its only on cable tv,i remember when bowling was on Channel Ten from 12 till 1 about 5 or so years ago

In my honest opinion, most popular sports will be off Free-To-Air television within the next 5-10 years.
The networks are so ratings driven these days that sport is a secondary, like AFL on Channel 9, being shown at all sorts of strange times with delays involved around the country, cricket on 9 when they interrupt an exciting match or a ODI for the news and A Current Affair, and now the Ashes are going to Pay-TV as well.
Have you noticed how in recent years the coverage of sports on FTA has become like watching ads with sport in between?

I don't have/can't afford Pay-TV either, I'm just lucky my girlfriend has it on at her place, but it does suck how it's all going to pay per view.
It'd have to be a good five or six years since I saw bowling on FTA here, and that was like, one game on SBS at the Arafura Games in Darwin.

longer than 5 years ago mate.

I doubt that bowling will ever be on free to air tv again, unless something extra ordinary happns.

1999 was the last time I remember bowling being on free-to-air on a regular basis.

I think it was an "International challenge" as part of the Coca-Cola series. 4 teams of doubles with the likes of Carol, Cara, Maxine, Rick Steelsmith from the US, I think Frawls and Carl Bottomley were in that series too.

Its a shame about it no longer being on free-to-air anymore. The only free coverage it seems to be getting is the occasional article in the sports section -- even then its usually at the back in the sport summary.

I still remember watching a series, might have been 8 or even 10 years ago, where it was state vs state as well as an Australian U'21s team, in a 3-person, 1 game, baker format. That was great to watch.

Sucks a bit not being on FTA. Luckily I have pay Tv but unluckily I'm working when its on and It only comes on once or twice a year for about ten weeks for the world masters. The last time I remeber watching bowling FTA was in 1998 in the CMG. Watchin Cara win gold for australia.

Louie

Back
Top Bottom