News Flash: Storm Stripped of titles and premiership points!!

Did anybody watch Gus Gould destroy David Gallop on the Sunday Footy Show this morning?? I felt awkward watching it. As much as I dislike the guy, he did have some valid points. If I ran a rugby league team and put in so much time, effort and money developing players like Smith, Cronk, Inglis, Folou, Slater etc etc, most of whom debuted for the Storm, I'd hate to lose them to another team or code all because of the salary cap. Thats why they did what they did. Look at Broncos. If there was no cap they'd still have all there star players, they played by the rules and now they are at the bottom of the ladder. However, rugby league needs to have the salary cap. Everybody loses!!

Who cares why they did it? They knowingly broke the rules!

Why even have rules to start with if you think you can get around them if you have a good enough excuse?

You mean the football code which was originally created to keep cricketers fit during the winter/offseason? Yes indeed, the "true" code.

Which code is called "Australian Rules" and which code is supported by more people?

Soccer and rugby should be banned in Australia.

Football (soccer) is the WORLD game and more people play rugby throughout the world than the game that is called "Aerial Ping Pong". Minor (world) sports should be banned everywhere.

Come to think of it some (people) they call "tools" should be banned also, but alas, your presence seems to be eternal! :(

Sometimes we just can't get a break! ;)

I'm a Dragons supporter and having that argument of " they developed their talent and kept it" just doesn't fly. The dragons have an entire first grade quality team out there in England and other NRL teams that we haven't been able to retain. Let us do what the Storm did and we'd have won premierships too (well probably not cause we are still the dragons after all :p).

Football (soccer) is the WORLD game and more people play rugby throughout the world than the game that is called "Aerial Ping Pong". Minor (world) sports should be banned everywhere.

Come to think of it some (people) they call "tools" should be banned also, but alas, your presence seems to be eternal! :(

Sometimes we just can't get a break! ;)

Just because they do it elsewhere does not mean it suits Australia. Soccer is called just that - SOCCER - to any real aussie. If you want to call it something else then go overseas.

Rugby is nothing but a minor sport in Australia played in only a few areas. I say get rid of it. Like soccer, I don't care how many people play it overseas it is a minor sport in Australia.

Just because they do it elsewhere does not mean it suits Australia. Soccer is called just that - SOCCER - to any real aussie. If you want to call it something else then go overseas.

Rugby is nothing but a minor sport in Australia played in only a few areas. I say get rid of it. Like soccer, I don't care how many people play it overseas it is a minor sport in Australia.

Rugby League a minor sport in Australia.. Seriously are you high??

Rugby is actually a pretty major sport outside of Victoria. Between Union & League variants, it's played in every school north of the border. While AFL my be the "major" sport played in more states, actual numbers of participants is probably about the same across the country.

For the record, living in Sydney, I hadn't really heard much about AFL till 2004. All I knew is the players wore tight little shorts and had multiple goal posts to make it easier. :)

Which code is called "Australian Rules" and which code is supported by more people?

Soccer and rugby should be banned in Australia.

you should be banned from breathing

you tool
typical dirty victorian
jealous of NSW and Queensland

Yes, well it would annoy me if my team was 1 point out of the finals on the last fixture for the season and Melbourne (who are on the field illegally) beat my team and deny them of 2 points and unable to play finals.

Where is the justice in that???

Every team Storm defeat this year denies that team of 2 premiership points.
Just not good enough NRL.

Well, looks like the Storm are taking the NRL to court!! This is gonna get interesting

NRL seems to get played more in the courts than on the field! :(

Tis a shame! Unfortunately all sports seem to have a dark side! ;)

Back
Top Bottom