New to WA - Bowling at Joondalup

Boy Browny

Lord Field/Lane Masters/Legends Amature Staffer
Hi All WA Bowlers,

Peter Brown is my name and once upon a time i use to be an okay bowler on the east coast (i know, i know - boooo right?). Anyhow, cut my teeth bowling tournaments in QLD against Frilingos, Bottomly, Brando, Belmo (not that i would want to take him on now!), and a heap of national events too...

ANYHOW - i live for tournament bowling and wondering what the tournament scene is in WA?

If there isn't a good WA tournament series I would be happy to start one...

Will be arriving in WA in about three weeks, first thing will be to kit up and hit the practice lanes to get back to a decent average.

Oh yeah, i've been told the best league is the Joondalup tuesday doubles, so sign me up for next season :).

Wow, overwhelming (or should that be underwhelming!) response!

Looks like that is an indication of tournament play in Perth, how sad

Well, I'm in for any sports series league/ tournaments or whatever. Please post or pm me if you are interested in tough condition scratch tournament or league to improve your game...

Hey Boy Browny

I am an ex Perth bowler, and can tell you there has been no tournament scene in WA for many years now. (not including Joondalup Cup, which could possibly get more interstate entries than local)

WA don't even have interest in a Rachuig side anymore and haven't sent one away for last two years

Sport series have been attempted in the past and didn't take off, you can see the last post in here about one was in June 2011

I think its safe to say any type of bowling scene outside house shot leagues is dead in WA ( as sad as that is to think about )

Clint

Hey Boy Browny

I am an ex Perth bowler, and can tell you there has been no tournament scene in WA for many years now. (not including Joondalup Cup, which could possibly get more interstate entries than local)

WA don't even have interest in a Rachuig side anymore and haven't sent one away for last two years

Sport series have been attempted in the past and didn't take off, you can see the last post in here about one was in June 2011

I think its safe to say any type of bowling scene outside house shot leagues is dead in WA ( as sad as that is to think about )

Clint
How sad is that :( pH well, I'll just have to see of I can befriend a local bowl and get them to lay sown some tough patterns for practice

Sad for the sport though

Back
Top Bottom