Rachuig Entry Form???

westy

All Bowling Supplies
I was just on the TBA tenpin events page and saw that the WA Rachuig Teams 2010 Roll Off is on Sat 01 May Sun 02 May Joondalup/Morley WA.

The thing is I can't find an entry form anywhere. I can't find it on this site, the tenpin events site and the tbawa link is dead. I went into a bowling centre today and not a single entry form for any tournament was available. The least bowling centres can do is put out a couple of entry forms. Oh well nothings changed.

Anyway, how do I get my name down to bowl in the roll off? I'd like to see how I go against the young guns coming through. I hope it's not too late.

Cheers,
Alan

Alan you obviously havent paid your membership in the Rachuig secret society. Once you have done so and learnt the secret handshake you may participate in the rolloffs. However this does not give you the right to bowl in the State Masters as they also will be held in a secret location which will be divulged one week out of said event. Good luck.

Baron

It appears the secret society has heard people have been speaking about this rolloff and have taken action!

Just to confuse anyone who may have heard and considered entering, the entry form that can be downloaded from the TBAWA website says roll-offs are on 1st and 2nd of may, whereas the entry form that I found hidden in the corner at the alley says 8th and 9th of may.

That doesn't scare me, I'll just turn up both weekends. Hopefully this isn't to throw us right of the scent or else I'll be mighty upset.

Do any insiders know the official roll-off dates? You can remain anonymous :)

It was brought up at the TBAWA state meeting that the rachuig trials clashed with Selection trials for the 2010 World Youth teams and the 2010 Men’s World team also being held on the 1st and 2nd of May at AMF castle Hill.
The commitee decided to therefore change the Rachuig trial dates so people could participate in both should they wish (a few bowlers indicated that they wanted to). So in an attempt to get as many bowlers as possible trying out for Rachuig, the trials were moved to the 8th and 9th of May.
The reason for the entry forms being incorrect is because they had already been made available prior to this decision being made.
Hope this helps.

Sounds plausible to me. I guess its mainly the youth who put their hand up for this so it makes sense to make sure they can make the roll-off. We know the older bowlers can't bowl too many games else their bodies start to fall apart. :wheelchair: It's all downhill once you hit 30.

Any guesses on the number of entrants? Maybe I can get semi-automatic entry like the last time I rolled off :) If I do have to earn a spot, I hope the young guns go easy on me!

We know the older bowlers can't bowl too many games else their bodies start to fall apart. It's all downhill once you hit 30.

Westy - wash your mouth out. Guess you dont know much about tournament bowling in WA.
There are a number of senior bowlers (thats the ones over 50, mate!!!) that bowl regularly on the Senior Circuit all around Australia, a tournament about every 6 weeks or so. Fly out Fri, 10 games Sat, 8 games Sun, fly home Sun night, and most then back to work Monday morning. Some also bowl in a bunch of games Fri nite for a practice. umm - you up to this Westy??

Last November 4 members of the Australian Senior team won medals in Manilla at the Asian Senior Championships and finished in top 10.

I can also remember a few years ago in Racheig Ladies, when 2 of the 'younger' ladies couldnt bowl due illness, and the 2 oldies bowled the 21 games straight and had the high averages.

Look at ATBSO in WA, 48+ bowlers each month turning up to their club events. (hey the tournaments are open, why dont you come along and bowl against the Seniors, see if you can crack the scores that Roy, Paul, Richard, Greg and others bowl) ummm I wonder.
Tintam

Westy - wash your mouth out. Guess you dont know much about tournament bowling in WA.
There are a number of senior bowlers (thats the ones over 50, mate!!!) that bowl regularly on the Senior Circuit all around Australia, a tournament about every 6 weeks or so. Fly out Fri, 10 games Sat, 8 games Sun, fly home Sun night, and most then back to work Monday morning. Some also bowl in a bunch of games Fri nite for a practice. umm - you up to this Westy??

Last November 4 members of the Australian Senior team won medals in Manilla at the Asian Senior Championships and finished in top 10.

I can also remember a few years ago in Racheig Ladies, when 2 of the 'younger' ladies couldnt bowl due illness, and the 2 oldies bowled the 21 games straight and had the high averages.

Look at ATBSO in WA, 48+ bowlers each month turning up to their club events. (hey the tournaments are open, why dont you come along and bowl against the Seniors, see if you can crack the scores that Roy, Paul, Richard, Greg and others bowl) ummm I wonder.
Tintam

seriously some people just cant take a joke can they?

i was actually thinking alan was refering to people like myself over 30 who only bowl 3 games a week now.......... did i go off on a tangent?? no i had a giggle which I assumed it was meant to do......

Touchy ATBSO hahahahha meow

As for the young ones going easy, reckon if they the same would only need 3games

Back
Top Bottom