new idea ? maybe not

double_d

i have been just thinking about a tourny that maybe someone would like to run as i havent been bowling for a long time i dont know if this has been done
but here goes
since leaving bowling 10 years ago i have been playing a grade pool
and this is a teams event every week like a league but in each team there are 4 players each ranked 1 - 4 including halves eg " 1.5 , 2.5 "
depending on ability and current percentage of wins
in each team you are not allowed any more than 11 points and the two best players are not to equal any more than 7 points
this evens out teams so that there are not 4 top players in one team.
what i am proposing is a teams tourny of maybe 3 or 4
combined average not to exceed for 3 people maybe between somewhere 550 to 580
and the two top to not exceed 400
so you can have
player A - average 210
player B - average 190
player C - average 150

or

player A - average 183
player B - average 183
player C - average 183

this will have people with low averages the chance to bowl with higher average bowlers in a scratch situation which otherwise they would not think about bowling in
what do you think
if i am unclear in somthing let me know
daniel.d

I have bowled in a couple of leagues here in the US that do a similar thing, but just for the total average of the bowlers, no cap on the top 2.

I thought it was good for 2 reasons.. It gave the lower bowlers an opportunity to bowl with some great bowlers, learn from them, compete on a more level playing field. Also it forced a lot of teams to reconfigure themselves each season because at the end of the season they didnt make the cap so it brought in some new blood, and you didnt see the same teams winning each year.

This is a very good idea Daniel.
Maybe in Adelaide each centre (8 in total I think) could field 1 team each consisting of 6 players, 3 to play each week & 3 reserves of differing averages.
The Inter-Centre League.
Play 2 rounds, so that there is a return visit in the 2nd round. A draw could be done so that on a pre determined day and time each week the league would play with score sheets tallied each week to determine the ladder.
ie. Week 1 > Crossroads Vs Village at Crossroads.
> Inglefarm Vs Woodville at Inglefarm.
then reversed for round 2.
If each player pays $5.00 social fund each week then the prize pool would be$1680 dollars. (based on 8 teams over 2 rounds) and with a sponsor of sorts, maybe BBA or Denver could be approached this could be even more.
A little bit of travelling each week, but only one car needed for the travelling team cuts down fuel costs.
Could develop into a good thing, also could be done in Melbourne with the centres on one side of town???
Just some input

Rob

We do something Similar here in NSW, only averages aren't regulated.

We run it between the independant centres (All Goldpin affiliates) and each centre has a squad of about 12 Bowlers, from which you select 7 (6 bowlers, 1 reserve) to bowl. It is in a Home-and-away format, where each team plays each other twice, each team getting one home game.

You start by all 6 bowlers playing round robin 1 game singles matches, each for 1 point a piece, each bowler playing 1 game against every other bowler on the opposite team. (bonus 2 points for overall pinfall)

Then the 6 bowlers pair up into 3 teams of two, bowling 3 doubles matches against the opposing 3 pairs. (1 point for each bowler's win, 2 for total pinfall, then bonus 2 points for team overall pinfall)

You then change to 2 teams of 3. bowling two games. (1 point for each bowlers win, 1 for total pinfall, bonus 2 for overall pinfall)

The winner is decided on total points, plus a 4 point bonus for the team with the highest total pinfall for the day.

You then receive 4 premiership points toward the years premership table. After the regular season finishes we have playoffs, untill the grand final when we crown our champions.

It's a great setup, makes for some fantastic competition, and helps you get to know the bowlers from all over NSW, most (if not all) of them excellent bowlers, and great people.

We would love to see this adopted in other states, and have national finals in the future, which I believe is the vision for the guys that run the league, but, as you know, you must move in baby steps, the STBL (State Tenpin Bowling League) premiership is only in it's second season, but has been very enjoyable and a relative success.

If you want to check it out, head to http://www.interbowl.com.au/stbl

Ash said:
We do something Similar here in NSW, only averages aren't regulated.
We run it between the independant centres (All Goldpin affiliates) and each centre has a squad of about 12 Bowlers, from which you select 7 (6 bowlers, 1 reserve) to bowl. It is in a Home-and-away format, where each team plays each other twice, each team getting one home game.
You start by all 6 bowlers playing round robin 1 game singles matches, each for 1 point a piece, each bowler playing 1 game against every other bowler on the opposite team. (bonus 2 points for overall pinfall)
Then the 6 bowlers pair up into 3 teams of two, bowling 3 doubles matches against the opposing 3 pairs. (1 point for each bowler's win, 2 for total pinfall, then bonus 2 points for team overall pinfall)
You then change to 2 teams of 3. bowling two games. (1 point for each bowlers win, 1 for total pinfall, bonus 2 for overall pinfall)
The winner is decided on total points, plus a 4 point bonus for the team with the highest total pinfall for the day.
You then receive 4 premiership points toward the years premership table. After the regular season finishes we have playoffs, untill the grand final when we crown our champions.
It's a great setup, makes for some fantastic competition, and helps you get to know the bowlers from all over NSW, most (if not all) of them excellent bowlers, and great people.
We would love to see this adopted in other states, and have national finals in the future, which I believe is the vision for the guys that run the league, but, as you know, you must move in baby steps, the STBL (State Tenpin Bowling League) premiership is only in it's second season, but has been very enjoyable and a relative success.
If you want to check it out, head to http://www.interbowl.com.au/stbl
that sounds awesome wonder if something like that could start up in SQ

Back
Top Bottom