New ball wont bust up the pins.

I would definitely second that. The other day, i was really struggling after the first few frames in a practice game. So i pulled out my trusty plastic spare ball, and finished the game with a 7 bagger for a 230 odd. Plastics can strike, just as long as you're accurate. It can get rather nasty otherwise!

Murderdoll, remember I am a beginner here. I assume by 5 you mean the 5th board but what do you mean by a lot of hand?
Does this mean a lot of spin?
I have been striking with the Maxim by putting some spin on it and hitting the 1 pin just off center. But if it hits off target I get some nasty splits.

Mantis

Well, I have got the Storm Bolt refitted for me and used it last night. It has good back end action even for a begginer like me. But, I could not control it. When I got it on the right line it struck no probs, but it seemed to come out of my hand different every time and so take different lines.
Any ideas for practicing my release so as to get a more consistant line.

It's all upto you now , so now get some coaching and you will be heading in the right direction and everything will come together.

Hi Mantis, this has nothing at all to do with your original post. I was really interested in Horsham bowl. Whats it like up there, we have family who have suggested to move up there as its a bit cheaper for property, I originally thought no, but when they told me they have a bowling centre, then I thought more seriously about it.

Basically how longs the centre been going, is it a small centre, do they look after the league bowler in terms of a fair oil pattern, are there plenty of leagues going..

Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Regards Bowling Hobbit

Bowling Hobbit
The centre is run by Bob Hinton who was the first to bowl a 300 in Vic I have found out. There are 12 lanes and two leagues each week night. I am not sure of the oil pattern but I can ask Bob if you like.

I was just curious more than anything Mantis. How long has Horsham bowl been around for? the relatives have only just mentioned this...

Regarding the oil, it was really a question about them looking after bowlers, and not like some centres, where it is dry,dry and dry, from am to pm (during open and league play).

I hope you keep bowling, next time I'm up maybe grab a beer and have a game or two..

I must admit I like kayaking, and the Wimmera runs right through Horsham, nice little bonus for me.. Still thinking about it, your weather is also a point, cold as in morning, hot as during day...
See ya BH

Sorry BH, I ment to mention that the centre has only been open for about 12 months. As to the oiling, I bowled in a singles comp last night and the lanes were very uneven. Apparently they are only washed and reoiled three times a week. The oil is topped up on the other days, so there was a lot of oil down the end of the lanes last night. The guy who does the lanes is asking for extra staff so that they can be reconditioned more often, I hope he is successful.

That beer sounds good. If you come down here ask for Richard who plays in the Pin Flyers league, or contact me via this site.

Cheers
Mantis

Well the oil pattern is not a worry now as I have gone back to the plastic ball. The reactive Storm was just that, it reacted differently every time I used it. So back the the plastic and the averages are back up. I need to get coaching but I dont think it is available here. We are going to Melbourne in the week before xmas. Any suggestions about where to get some coaching. Will be staying in North Melbourne.

Cheers
Mantis

Well the Ebonite is doing the trick at the moment. I changed my approach from 4 steps to 5 and now am striking regularly. 4 in a row today for a 194. So it was not the ball but the bowler. :D

Back
Top Bottom