National ranked events

If it is not broken dont change it,lot of changes in the first 3 tournaments to cater for maybe 30 bowlers.When the TBA could have ran 2 tournaments with there own format to cater for the bowlers who want to bowl for a trip to Vegas.The way it is the states do all the work and get or the rubbish about the squads, not very well thought out by the TBA or was it.

Darrell Holt.

I think as the group of centres / Tournament Directors that run these Seniors events we all need to make a pact and start from next year, no early names on lists and make the change then
everyone is on an even playing field

You'll never get a even playing field, cause it will depend where do I announce it first....and why is total bowling so special to be on it first (no offense to total bowling).
Entry forms.....Mmmmmm yeah life of the past, when now we have all this technology......I remember the days of SA Cup getting all the Entry forms printed, then distributed, and posted..etc...etc...a lot of work.
I think up to know, it really hasn't been a problem until Canberra, which surprised me too............do we carry on all because of one incident..........
And please don't give me this Crap about waiting for a number on a entry form...please what a mother load.....
In the past we use to do things called..wait for it...Early Bird Flyers.....whole new concept I know...........
The only thing the number on the entry form represents to me is $175 plus dollars we have to pay , yet we do all the work.......and for what.....another post...........

Just remember one thing, every-one in the whole wide world knows that most probably the tournament will be on the following year (because TBA announces this)
and can make inquires to put an entry into it, even newbees............they don't have to wait for it to be announced on threads....we are all pretty smart people you know.

Cheers.....

Oh P.S. no I'm not nominating, I only inquired.

Instead of coming up with a weekend of Roll Offs for the Worlds which would have mean't Seniors wanting to participate would only have the cost of travelling once, they have made it necessary for the Seniors to travel 3 times. The powers that be may suggest that you are only required to bowl 2 events but every seniors knows that if you want to make the team and you don't finish Top 2 or 3 in the first two tournaments, which is highly likely, then you will need to bowl the three.

Susanne

I wish we got 8 pins start like the woman in adult events like at the Kegal next year then I would bowl in those as well. It's funny how the largest demographic in bowling is suffering from too many entries and yet it doesn't expand.....

Instead of coming up with a weekend of Roll Offs for the Worlds which would have mean't Seniors wanting to participate would only have the cost of travelling once, they have made it necessary for the Seniors to travel 3 times. The powers that be may suggest that you are only required to bowl 2 events but every seniors knows that if you want to make the team and you don't finish Top 2 or 3 in the first two tournaments, which is highly likely, then you will need to bowl the three.

Susanne

Arent 85-90% over there bowlers going to be bowling these 3 tournaments even if they werent part of the World Senior selection criteria. And over 1/2 field in the 3 tounaments only have to travel twice. It's only the poor mugs from S.A., W.A., TAS, NT & NSW that have to travel 3 times.

P.S. and NTH QLD

Seems more practical doing it this way than making people fork out another $500+ in airfares/accomodation etc to a 4th seperate roll-off.

Back
Top Bottom