MSN sign in problem

Luke D

The Reflecting God
Is anyone having problems signing into MSN?

Have been trying for the last 15mins, but keeps saying that password is incorrect even though its not.

Not sure whether its a problem across the board, or maybe someone's hacked into my account and changed the password (which I haven't been able to retrieve) :mad: :mad:

can you sign into your hotmail account? if so and u still cant sign into MSN then follow these instructions...

a. Start Windows Live Messenger. In the sign-in window, select the e-mail address that you use to sign in to Messenger from the "E-mail Address" drop-down list, and then click "Forget Me." Click "Yes" to confirm.
Try to sign in to Windows Live Messenger again. If the issue persists, go to the next step.

b. Check your Windows Explorer settings.
i. Right-click "Start," and then click "Explore" to open Windows Explorer. Â
ii. In Windows Explorer, click "Folder Options" on the "Tools" menu. Click the "View" tab. In the "Advanced settings" list, select "Show hidden files and folders" and clear "Hide extensions for known file types" under "Hidden files and folders." Click "OK." to close the "Folder Options" dialog box.
iii. In Windows Explorer, point to "Explorer bar" on the "View" menu, and then make sure that the "Folders" option is selected. The folder list will be displayed on the left side of the Windows Explorer window.

c. Follow these steps to delete the Contacts Cache folder:
i. Right-click "Start," Â and then click "Explore" to open Windows Explorer.
ii. In the left pane, locate the folder C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR WINDOWS LOGON NAME]\Contacts\[YOUR MESSENGER E-MAIL ADDRESS]. In this path, [WINDOWS LOGON NAME] is the user name that you use to sign in to Windows, and [YOUR MESSENGER E-MAIL ADDRESS] is the address that you use to sign in to Messenger.
iii. Â Delete all the files in the [YOUR MESSENGER E-MAIL ADDRESS] folder.
iv. Right-click "Start," Â and then click "Explore" to open Windows Explorer.
v. In the Folder list in the left page, find the folder C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR WINDOWS LOGON NAME]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\[YOUR MESSENGER E-MAIL ADDRESS].
vi. Delete the "real" folders and the "shadow" folders that are in the [YOUR MESSENGER E-MAIL ADDRESS] folder.

2. Try to sign in to Messenger again.

Alex

I can't sign into my hotmail either, thats why i'm kinda thinking it could have been hacked. It was working fine last night.

hmm i remember last time some year i was given my girlfriends account to look after and one day when i tried to access it to refresh it i couldnt log into it even though i very very carefully typed everything correctly... still never unlocked that account and it doesnt exist anymore...

so someone could of locked up your account or hacked into it as it is possible make an alternate account and have your password sent to that account (think its possible...)

other than that i have nfi...

Alex

Still nothing working so I think its definitely been hacked or locked. Have email ninemsn thru their webpage to see if they can help. This is so f**************** annoying:mad: :mad:

Cheers for the help Al anyways!

I've been in MSN a few times today Luke and there's hardly been a person on my list online which is very unusual - only two in there atm, also unusual with some that have broadband and are always shown online not being on either.

Looks to be an across the board problem.

I hope so hey, I tried again a few mins ago and still no luck with the password getting in :(

Back
Top Bottom