Milton Tenpin Open 15th & 16th Dec

M

milton

Seems all bowlers keep asking the same question, whats up with tournament bowling these days?
Is it low scores - high scores - to many tournaments - not enough tournaments - costs to much - not enough games or not a good enough payout.

Well I have put together a tournament to trial all of these questions - I would like to here from anyones honest comments.
Bowlers ask me all the time when I try and run a tournament, is this for the bowlers or is it just a way to make money for the centre. Don't forget we are a business like any other business, we need to make money to survive. However there are some centres and managers who would love to see the sport of Tenpin Bowling return to the good old days of full tournaments and great atmosphere.
This is Milton Tenpin Bowls contribution to the sport of Tenpin Bowling and tournament bowlers!!!!!!!!!!!

Milton Tenpin Open - $70 for 15 games.
15 games scratch, 5 blocks of 3 games -
Drop your worst game from each block.
The winner will be decided over total pinfall after 15 games

Paying 16 places (based on 60)
1st-$500.00, 2nd-$300.00, 3rd-$200.00,
4th-$150.00, 5th-$140.00, 6th-$130.00,
7th-$120.00, 8th-$110.00, 9th-$100.00,
10th-$90.00, 11th-$80.00, 12th-$70.00,
13th-$65.00, 14th-$60.00, 15th-$55.00,
16th-$50.00.
Do your homework and you will see this is a tournament for the bowler..(don't forget GST)
I do not have a date set for this tournament as yet, please respond honestly to what you think of this format. We the bowling centres can only do so much, the rest is up to you, the bowler.
Jeff Payne - Manager, Milton Tenpin Bowl.

hi jeff, i like the look of the tournament count me in whenever you run it . as for me i look at value for money 15 games for $70 is good practise and a chance to win some cash as well (why not run some brackets as well). as for conditions get that sports pattern of brian at caboolture and make it a real tournament, please don't open them up and have everyone shooting telephone nembers.

Well Jeff I'd come over no problems at all, even though it's bit of a righties ditch (just ask Carl). Good format, a little different, count me in.

Jeff...
as a bowler and a recent centre manager (looking for work) let me say THANK YOU!

Not too many guys would go out of their way to get a tournament going with little chance of return on investment of time and energy. I really appreciate your offer.

Yeha count me in too, only if its sometime in the new year.. I can't afford anything until then. I like the format, it's something a little different, value for money - 15 games for $70, where do you get that these days? As for lane conditions, I don't care what goes on, everyone's gotta bowl on the same condition that is put down on the day. Besides... lane conditions isn't the point in this topic yet. Jeff.. great idea on the tournament.. as I said I'll be there (hopefully) and I'd love to return to Milton again. I haven't been there for donkey years.
icon_smile.gif

Hi George
From what I have read you seem to know all the tournament dates around the place.

Would it be possible to let me know if the following dates look okay for this tournament.

Sunday Dec 30th 2001
Sunday Jan 6th 2002
Sunday Jan 13th 2002.
Thanks for your help.
Jeff.

COUNT ME IN!

If this does not get 60 bowlers then tournament bowling is beyond recovery! Great effort Jeff. I hope this gets the support it deserves.

Cheers
Jon King

Jeff

The tournament calendar is currently being compiled. As soon as I know something I will let you know.

New and improved pay-out
I am now paying 1 in 3 (20 places)

1st $300.00
2nd $200.00
3rd $150.00
4th $140.00
5th $130.00
6th $125.00
7th $120.00
8th $115.00
9th $110.00
10th $105.00
11th $100.00
12th $95.00
13th $90.00
14th $85.00
15th $80.00
16th $75.00
17th $70.00
18th $65.00
19th $60.00
20th $50.00

I think this payout is a little better than the first. I have spread it out a bit more,
let me know.

Thanks Graham I am looking more to the 30th of December if nothing else is on.
Regards - Jeff.

Jeff

The 30th of December looks good. There is nothing on and guys around Brissy wouldn't have bowled an event since Redcliffe (unless they venture to Canberra) which means if anything is on, they would jump at it.

Good low entry fee, good payout, good conditions, I can't see why people wouldn't support it. How about you give the girls 9 pins start a game to try and get some females bowling. No offence to them but thats pretty standard in Europe and there female participation is very high in all the big events, especially since they are playing for only one prizefund.

I"ll do my best to get people there, hope it is well supported.

I will be running two squads for this tournament to make it extra fair for bowlers. I have decided to run A squad on Saturday morning and B squad on Sunday morning. By doing this we can now duplicate the very same conditions each day.
Washed the night before and oiled in the morning both days.
We should be doing a recoat just before this tournament so the scoring should be good.
No I hope it won't be easy, just even.
Left or right.

Thanks Dale your name is in for B squad.

Well it looks good already, I have only had the entry forms out for 3 days and I have more than 20 names so far.
Milton will definitely receive its first recoat (after the full resurface last year)
1 week before this tournament. So I would expect a very even condition.

See there's not that big of a ditch on the right hand side is there George???
Congrats to George who bowled a 279 tonight and picked up $100.00 for his effort.
I will keep you updated on numbers as we get closer to the date. Jeff.

Well Jeff,

Harold tells me it doesn't count because it was on lanes 3&4. That dam 7 pin in the 5th frame was a killer, maybe next week when I sub. As for the $100, I can confirm that neither yourself, harold or pilko will be getting a cut. Though I might buy you drink next week.

G

Hi All,

You shot 279 george...and here I thought Milton is ditched on the Right....hahaha
Sorry mate...well done !!!!!
see you Thursday
icon_biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom