Media Alert - Prime-time coverage on Ten’s THE PROJECT

elsie

Jason and his family will appear in a profile feature piece on Channel Ten’s THE PROJECT tomorrow evening.

Catch the program and Jason’s interview with the Project panel at 6.30pm AEDST on Friday, 20 February.

And a reminder about FOX SPORTS NEWS interview with Belmo this Sunday, 22nd Feb during their 7pm bulletin (with repeats a further three times until 9pm) - Fox Sports News - Foxtel channel 500.

#
lc

Hi Lyn,
Doing a great job on promoting our sport. Keep up the good work. We need people like you and naturally the best bowler in the world, Belmo
Cheers Lovey

I just made this post on FB: thought I would share it here for those that don't have FB.

Hi All,
I thought I would make a quick post about an experience I had on the lanes Friday night.
Well I bowled badly for one, but enjoyed the company. but that is a different story.
Something I have said a few times in the past to other bowlers, is when you have the chance to talk about your sport, talk about the positives.
So to the story and to the power of just a few minutes of media coverage. At the end of my Friday league, I was sitting there thinking about my game, slowing packing up. I looked up and saw that the monitors had a two names up. I apologized for being so slow and invited the social bowlers down to the play area.
We had a chuckle that the ladies name was spelt wrong, it was a nice ice breaker really. I helped them choose some gear and a had a little chat. He was a lefty, so she had no chance!
The couple hadn't bowled for more than 25 years, in fact since they left school. The ladies mum use to bowl league when she was little. I asked what brought them in to the center they didn't know even existed, even though they were locals.
Their response, "we saw that young Aussie guy Jason somebody on the TV the other day and thought, let's go bowling!" We spoke for another five minutes about bowling and the fun that could be had.
I then left them to their game and sat back talked to a few bowling buddies from the night and enjoyed watching the couple having a laugh on the lanes.
For Jason Belmonte it is life times hard work practicing his craft to get five minutes on TV in his home country, which led to that couple coming in for their first game in more than 25 years.
Thanks mate, as a bowler I appreciate all you are doing.

Back
Top Bottom