Mack Truck heads Miller High Life Open field

jockey

Well done to Tim Mack posting a 276 last game to head the round of 64 into round two in his first PBA event. For all those who doubted he would ever win an event on the Tour I think you have some apologising to do to Tim. It may not come in this event but believe me it will come in the not too distant future.

A quote for all you doubters:

Great people have one thing in common - they do not conform. [P.K Shaw]

I thing Mr Shaw must have just seen Tim bowl when he come up with this one, well at least it seems like it to me anyway.

Good luck Tim, hope to see you plough through the final rounds.

Regards
Terry Silva (Jockey)

Whats amazing about this is how Tim came to bowl in the tournament. Let me tell you a story.........

After Tim strikes a deal with Storm he decides to join the PBA and head to the next stop. Tim drives there and registers for the PTQ (pre tournament qualifier) Tim laces up and is ready to bowl and then gets pulled off the lanes because he has not officially cashed in 2 events. "Contraversy" and rule clarifications come into play and it is found that Tim's cashing in the ABC Masters and US open is not enough for him to participate in the PTQ. Rules state you must cash in 2 PBA stops to participate in PTQ.

HOWEVER (this is where it gets fun) At every tournament the owner of the bowling centre has the right to 'SPONSOR' and nominate 2 of his own bowlers to participate in the tournament irrelevant of their PBA or non PBA status. Bill Spigner (owner of the bowl) has a son Rob Spigner who is 1st reserve on Team USA. Bill gives a spot to Tim to allows him to bowl and Rob Spigner moves into Team USA.

Its a win win for everyone involved including the PBA who are reaping the benefits of this contraversy. Tim also comes out and proves the critics wrong by leading the first 9 games. Well done to Tim, I hate it when small rules are blown out of proportion prohibiting someone to participate in a tournament (I know how he feels). I'm glad Tim got a start, I wish him all the best in his new career!

Back
Top Bottom