looking for a proshop

fizz

hi i'm a 20yo technician and know basic ball drilling and ball maintenance/repair, how ever the center i'm working in dose not have a proshop, so i'm looking for a pro shop that will allow me to use there ball drilling press and ball spiner so i may hone may skills and drill my own gear, in retrun for the use of your equipment i will be happy to keep the place nice and tidy by cleaning my own mess at that of outhers and also happy to perform simple ball drilling on behave of the center/proshop.

please send my a p.m if your interested or leave a message here, thanks

yours sincerely, kevin leydon

i gess i should be surprised at getting 146 views and not 1 reply... but i'm not why is it no one is willingto give me a chance?// i could be the next best thing in ball drilling if if just given a chance, if i have leant any thing for bowling its do it your self couse no one is going to help and i belive it is this negative attuide that is killing our sport,. i have one question to every one out there, "how do you get a chance?" couse i'm running on empty and about to quit this sport for good

My advice to you would be to do a bit of legwork and speak directly to centre managers rather than the easy way of applying a post to a website. Perhaps even try calling centres ahead of time. They may want to ask a few questions or know who they are speaking to. It may be old fashioned, but face to face contact usually has results.

Perhaps even use spellcheck as first impressions are very important.

You asked for a reply so here is mine...

Do you seriously think that any center manager or pro shop operator will take you seriously by posting on the forum? You may never get a reply on the forum welcoming you to "yeah sure, come in and use the equipment". You also have to look at the Occupational Safety act on an unemployed person, using equipment belonging to centers. Its too much of a liability.

If you are serious in what you want to do, there are only a handful of centers that have pro shop services and i suggest that you go there and introduce yourself to them and tell them your intentions face to face.

Hopefully, something good will happen cause it happened to me! :)

Leo

I'm sure there are plenty of good centre managers who can help. Looks like your in the wrong place at the wong time and not even your bowling mate can help. I'm surprised that if you really love this sports of ten pin bowling why give up now you're just starting. If there's a wheel there's a way. Cheers mate...

My advice to you would be to do a bit of legwork and speak directly to centre managers rather than the easy way of applying a post to a website. Perhaps even try calling centres ahead of time. They may want to ask a few questions or know who they are speaking to. It may be old fashioned, but face to face contact usually has results.
Perhaps even use spellcheck as first impressions are very important.
I had reserved my opinion given my distance from the region and I don't know Mr Leydon, but I have to back this comment from Werribee up...

You want to use a professionals equipment, you have to come across a little more professional.

From your original spelling, grammar, and just plainly incorrect words the impression I am left with does not give rise to confidence in your ability - which isn't to say you're not capable - but if it was my rear on the OH&S line or public liability there is no way I'd leave you alone with a drillpress.
I stress that it's from this post the impression is born, it was badly written.

You've then followed it up by being aggressive - you want a favour, snarling at your potential target audience is not the way to cast a good impression.
If you'd walked up to me and asked to use something of mine that exposes me to risk, I need to establish confidence that you are capable of minimising that risk or that the gain is worth the risk. When the gain is all for you, then you need to establish my trust and possibly friendship, and then I may wear the risk for you.

What have you said in your first post to show that you're capable of protecting the liable manager from risk (such as you drilling a thumb off and suing them)? Or what have you offered in return (I'd expect you to clean up after yourself, that's not a bonus)? Offering to drill for them is a good gesture, points on that for thought, but you've just declared you're experience level is "experimenting" and that should scream "risk" to any shop who cares about their reputation and returning customers

Now I'm done with my rant and my soapbox. Please don't take this the wrong way, learn from it, improve on it, and good luck with your goal

Kevin,

Have you ever thought about purchasing your own ball drilling set-up. Many great ball drillers work out of their garage. This way you would not be restricted around a centre's time table. You can also pick up old balls from some bowling centres to experiment on, without the danger of totalling someone's brand new ball. Becoming a good ball driller takes time and experience and you would have to get into this slowly....you can't expect miricles straight off the bat. Your original post does not state your bowling experience or your understanding of ball technology (I'm a 185 ave and wouldn't have a clue!!). This would definitely need to be studied as well.

Sue

Back
Top Bottom