looking for a new ball

phrostyboi

Looking to maybe replace my very well loved and used El nino Wrath ball in the future

have always liked how it feels (it's the only storm ball I have), so would ideally like to replace it with another storm ball, I would probably be best described as a low rev stroker style, ball seems to have a gentle curve with sharper backend

i've been very keenly eying off the IQ fusion and IQ pearl, happy to up the ante and throw a bit more backend hook

whats the general opinion of the IQ tour balls, i'm sure there would be a few people here using them, are they suitable to any style or more geared towards high rev crankers?

Most new equipment these days is suited to any styles. Coverstocks can be altered so easily to provide the reaction required regardless of style. I personally think most balls on the market are good, it just depends on what you are after and really comes down to personal choice. You have access to excellent proshop facilities and expertise at Wincity, have a talk to the guys there and they will point you in the right direction.

The IQ Tour Pearl is the first ball out of the bag for me. I don't have huge hand on the ball and the skid through the heads with angle on the backend gives an awesome carry. Absolutely talk to your proshop operator however I love this ball. The ball is very forgiving and most guys that are throwing this ball love it.

All the best.

Cheers
Jon King

just had my El nino resurfaced by Adam from Wyncity, going by the standard of the resurface job I think i'll be in good hands, first 2 games rolled a 210 and 220 with it, might need to have a yarn with him about what I should get then (when I have some cash that is lol)

went and had a chat to Adam today and have settled on a hyper cell by roto grip, on Adams advice it would either be the hyper cell or the IQ fusion, but due to my style and wanting more hook decided on the hyper cell instead

now just have to pay the rest off and play with the new toy :)

picked up the new toy today, couple of small changes from Adam resulted in a good strong backend which was what I was looking for

amazing to see the difference in reaction from my old el nino (which for the 2 games today was on sparing duty lol, even picked up the 4-6 with it for good measure)

Back
Top Bottom