Lane Resurfacing??

Chips

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if whether lanes being resurfaced results in more hook for the period of time just after they were resurfaced. The reason I ask is because I bought a new bowling ball the same time the lanes were resurfaced at one of the centres I bowl at. The first few weeks I was getting a very large amount of hook but as the weeks went on it got progressively less. So basically, I don't know if it was just the fact the lanes were recently resurfaced that was giving me this hook, or whether my ball has just "died". Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Hey Adam, Im guessing your talking about Richlands resurface, whenever it was, yeah they were absolutely massive backend, though you balls way need a clean or something, do you clean them often?

resurfaced lanes will always play very strong in ball reaction

due to the lanes being flatter, thus creating more surface tension, as the dents amass, the lanes will straighten out, and as they get duller in finsh, the backends will lose their tackiness

usually techs will have to adjust the oiling machine for the first month or so, to try and tame out the lanes from the massive over reaction you get

What Craig said...

We used less oil on our old wood lanes, and they played straighter than our synthetics. We tried the same patterns, and found we had to boost them by 10-20 units in the heads, lengthen the oil by about a foot with the same buff distance.

Yes Chips, like the others have said the Backends will be bigger for a while, the main reason is the finish put on the lanes makes it smooth, so you don't see the texture of the wood underneath but after a while the finish will shrink and the natural wood texture will be exposed, this creates less surface area so less hook.

willey.

Back
Top Bottom