Kelly Warren goes for the Brass Ring

wchester

Bowling Tragic
Congratlations go out to Queensland's Kelly Warren for having more guts than all of our top male bowlers. Kelly has ventured to the USA and is now competing on the PWBA Tour along with Cara Honeychurch and Maxine Nable.....GOOD LUCK KELLY

and shame on the men. I guess being a big fish in a little pond excites you all

That makes 4 wit probably more to come. Getting a little off topic does anyone know what happened to Leo DeBenedetto from NSW, he made a cut out there a few yrs ago.

Leo is still bowling some tour stops. He's now listed as being out of Las vegas..I met him a few years ago whilst he was still living in San Jose, California. I believe he is still the only Australian male ever to make a cut on the PBA Tour. (I guess I don't really count do I ? ) :lol:

Leo B

I had an email from leo a few months ago, have pasted the gist of it below.

....Hi there this is a great place to think about all the great bowlers in our country of Australia, now living in the U.S.A its even better surfing and finding these archives of our past. My Name is Leo DiBenedetto i was the runner up in the melbourne cup in 1994 to andrew frawley. that was probably the biggest feat i had other than winning the junior shield in 1993 in melville W.A. of course we had the best team ( central N.S.W ) well those were the days, now i hardly bowl but when i do i get the itch to do it all over again, thank you for your time and i do hope to see your web page grow with information...Leo...

Here's an idea(i think you'll like this Wayne) If we want to see were our male players stand against the pros we should put down one of the higher scoring tour patterns(the one the top few guys av 240 on for the first 9 games when it's out there) at some(if not all) of the super six majors next yr and see if we can average 240 on it as well, none of these FIQ or Sport patterns, a real life PRO lane condition

Back
Top Bottom