Kegel Prodigy

AdrianS

This is the future!!!
I've been reading some threads on Bowltech.com and people are raving about this stuff. Just wondering if any has found its way onto Austrlian lanes(apparently it works in wick machines so i guess it will work in all the wheezy old Centurys, Silver Bullets and the like that chug up and down the lanes in this country)

at midnight eastern standard time, prodigy hit the depot in australia, i know i will be recieving my batch on the next flight out of perth, first time i have never seen anyone within the industry NOT bag a product from any angle.

anyone who is looking to try this new revelation to our industry, needs to contact paul costante, who all bowling centres should have met in some capacity over the last 4 years.

this oil runs through all wick machines, and boasts things that are hard to believe, balls calls erradicated etc etc, which all amf techs would be so happy about.

i will be definately posting back on here in a months time to inform everyone how the prodigy performed down here at geelong.

LOL, smell, heh :) From talking to a few people, and having a good read, If you are having problems with carry down, ball and Pin Offset calls are up, consistency, prodigy seems to be the best stuff since sliced bread.

Contact details --> clicky

Are you guys expecting really big things out of it or are you alittle weary that some of the reports seem alittle optimistic. It would be interesting to see what you were using before (Kegel, Brunswick, Legends, Lane Dynamix, AMF, DBA, Lane Concepts, etc etc. didnt include specific oils because the list would be huge), and perhaps why you are changing. Seeing as we are talking about wick machines, has anyone ventured into the high viscosity stuff?. Have you had flow problems? (ie having problems with the HV stuff being too thick for the wicks) how about consistancy? do you think the prodigy will pose a problem?

Only negetive thing may be thst AMF owned centres wont use it.

From the reports that I've heard, guys using sanded equipment have had to move a total of 2-3 boards during a 5 man team league. Use of polished equipment sees them hardly move at all.

Only time will tell out here.

Competition is ridiculous when it gets to that stage really isnt it? Could be the best stuff out there and it wont be used because a rival manufacture's the stuff.

Just like Kegel/Phoenix machines....... We're stuck with a HVO "Plummit" :roll: :lol:

i know the kegel machine is so far in front, in the technology stakes, but like all things, the others will soon catch up.

as for the summit being a piece of crap, thats a lil over done, i'd rather be running a summit over every other lane machine other than a kegel.

and for double the money of the next best lane machine, its a big investment to just go out rushing to buy a kegel, when you have spent $20,000 - $30,000 on a summit, bullet, phoenix in the last 5 -8 years.

if kegel had have come up with this technology and had it available to australian customers 5 years ago, they would have tripled their sales, maybe even more.

i personally would love a kegel, it is the most superior machine on the market by a long shot, but now and then you just got to go with what you got until the time is right.

androo, things could be worse, they could be running a unimatic down at moonah

In the lastest Bowlers Journal I saw an Ad for the Brunswick Mekanic??? A Brunswick lane oiler made with Kegel Technology?? Anyone heard of these machines??

Clint

PS: It was red so it must be fast :D

Apparently the Brunswick Mekanic is made with the Sanction Technology, but is not a combo machine.... ie: can't strip.

Would be a good idea as a cost effective way of having Sanction Technology if you have a good old VLS.

Ummm... ok, i've figured out that there is a new oil out, ive also figured out that it stays on the lanes longer or something. Can anyone give more specific details about this oil so all us non-mechanics can understand all the hype please?

Cheers Da Cowman!

Yeah its called a LACK of oil...it stays there a long time as you would expect :wink: Oh wait is it only in QLD we have that problem? sorry!! :lol: In regards to the oil you ppl might have, I have no idea. :D

LOL, great reply there timmee, really helpfull ;)

As for the question about the oil staying around, well that was alluded to in all the other posts. Basically it doesnt migrate down the lane when the oil starts to break down as products currently on the market. As you can see this leads to a reduction in oil related trouble calls, which seems to have the tech's jumping for joy. It isnt so much that it stays on the lane longer but rather it isnt moved around as much.

As you can see this leads to a reduction in oil related trouble calls
Such as....?
Sorry to seem such a pain about all this but I'm really curious to know.
Does it also mean that the orginal condition laid by the machine will stay the same for longer?

Later Da Cowman!

that is correct. the condition put down should stay there longer.
oil related trouble is balls slow returning due to lane oil working its way onto the belts, also pins sliding due to carry down on the pin deck.

cobow :)

cowboy hit the nail on the head, be surprised how annoying an offset pin can be :)

I wonder if this stuff doesnt move around so much, will it have an impact on general maintenance (washing the carpets, scrubbing the belts, that sort of thing).

It appears given comments in some posts in this trail that clarification of some facts is required. Brunswick does not make Lane machines. Kegel makes lane machines that Brunswick brands as either "Brunswick" or "DBA" and sells globally either direct or in most cases via in-country distributors. This relationship with Kegel is now some three years old and works very well for Brunswick, Kegel and seems to suit the markets we trade in [which is everywhere].

Steve Jones
Brunswick International Limited

you would recon it would have ho have some kind of impact cleaning wise, either noticeable or not. it could not do any harm. time will tell. :)
cobow :)

i said i would keep everyone up to date with my progress with PRODIGY

so heres my 2 week review

with the sample pack you recieve the prodigy lane oil and the fizzion tablets

we tried them both, scores were good, but felt the backends not to be as grippy as we are used to, it did strip the lane totally clean, but they lacked tackiness

then we went back to lane dynamics PROTEXION lane wash, which i believe to be one of the best lane washes going, got our tackiness back.

the oil itself has been fantastic, carrydown has been less, although we had minor trouble with our lanes that had the urethane up rail covers, which most modern day oils can produce, for the techs out there the problem was the ball yo-yoing in the elevator. changed back to rubber rail covers, problem gone.

during this change we went back to standard wicks, from the hi-flow, which we felt were clogged

for guys wanting to know about wicking at 15 foot last night we pumped 80 units 10-10, at 25 foot 45 units and at 35 30 units, so wicking not a problem. thats with a century summit running 4 passes.

we run my version of a pba league condition week 1, the 2nd week we ran kegels preferred league pattern.

no 300 games, but 5 270+ games, our best league averaged 190 over 60 bowlers

bottom line.................... i'm impressed

contact my email, if you have any queries

Back
Top Bottom