Just curious

Troyza

Flash
How do you react when social/league bowlers repeatedly hammer the pit bell signal button?

Does it make you frustrated?

Do you shrug it off?

Just curious.

I used to take it really bad & deliberately wait a bit before i fixed their lane. But now if it gets too bad I just turn the bell off & let control ring me if something goes wrong.

We had a tech once who got so annoyed he got into an argument with a league bowler for doing it. he then proceeded to go down the back to catch his ball at the top of the elevator, & put lane oil in the thumb hole. The bloke couldn't get it out at all & ended up quitting soon after, lol.

We had a tech once who got so annoyed he got into an argument with a league bowler for doing it. he then proceeded to go down the back to catch his ball at the top of the elevator, & put lane oil in the thumb hole. The bloke couldn't get it out at all & ended up quitting soon after, lol.

Taking with him $1,000 a year of income for the bowl. Your tech is an idiot.

Yes we already know he is an idiot & he quit working there quite a while ago. But my original question was over looked :/

Its roughly put your call if its to much a problem and you have done all you can tell the front desk to have a chat with the social or league bowler as far as Im concerned your job is backend only and as long as you have good control staff and not the ATM type that seems to be pretty common now days it should rectify the situation if not shut the bell off for half hour or so if it continues turn off alltogether just be sure you have done every check that there is no problem

Tim

This would be excellent. Is there anything special I need, or can it be done simply by changing the wiring? I would think it would need a mechanism to cut off the signal to the bell until I've reset the specified lane.

hmm, just be a matter of talking to a sparky i would imagine. All you would need is a reset button at the back. Push trouble button, a light comes on, buzzer sounds. Light stays on until reset is pressed at back. That way you have a passive alarm.

There are several ways you could do this. I'm sure there is off the shelf solutions, or if you know someone with some PLC programming knowledge.

Either way its not overly complex, but does depend on exactly what you want to achieve. It the way our centre operates. You could even set it up to be run of a central computer, although i think an independant system would be better.

Cybernetic solutions has this exact trouble bell system. Once it has been rung up front once, the button up front is locked out until you press the reset button on the back of the pinspotter. This system was installed at kedron and works very effectively.

Cybernetic solutions has this exact trouble bell system. Once it has been rung up front once, the button up front is locked out until you press the reset button on the back of the pinspotter. This system was installed at kedron and works very effectively.

its all good if the center or management will pay for that system,
one problem with that system, what if the tech doesn't here it the first time...
i used to take my time getting to the call or just turn the bells off. and if you want to annoy them make them change lanes if you can...:D:D

ive never found time to bludge in the workshop lol.
theres always something to do.

sometimes too much.

Wow been a while since i started this topic.

I found the cybernetic solutions alternative, seems like quite an attractive asset. But i think we're fine for just a rewiring job.

I'm in a situation where I'm not about to fall deaf to a trouble bell. 14 lane center, with resources stretched to the max (well it would seem so. I have quite nice bosses, but we really do need more than just my self working down there on a casual wage) & definately no time to bludge. & when there is no machine work to be done (like.. once in a blue moon) there is always stuff to be O/hauled, cleaned, etc.

Anyways, thank you guys for the input, greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom