just 41 entries...in the Australian Cup

We need to look at what the seniors are doing.

People like to bowl for the weekend.

Having everyone bowl the same amount of games could help with increasing numbers.

At the end of the day the person who knocks over the most pins wins.

Having everyone bowl the same amount of games could help with increasing numbers.

This one is interesting, i would be one that disagrees. I would very rarely be able to committ both days on any given weekend to bowling. For various reasons. But hey maybe thats just me?

This one is interesting, i would be one that disagrees. I would very rarely be able to committ both days on any given weekend to bowling. For various reasons. But hey maybe thats just me?

If people are going to come from interstate, they are going to want to bowl more than 1 day. Give them their money's worth.

If I was gonna bowl a tournament, I'd have to fly in, ship my gear, pay entry, stay somewhere.... so there's close to $700... for what? Bowl possibly 6 games with some of the newer formats? No thanks.

If people are going to come from interstate, they are going to want to bowl more than 1 day. Give them their money's worth.

If I was gonna bowl a tournament, I'd have to fly in, ship my gear, pay entry, stay somewhere.... so there's close to $700... for what? Bowl possibly 6 games with some of the newer formats? No thanks.

Androooo, i get what you are saying but gwhiting never mentioned an interstate trip, no one would travel bowl then travel home in the one day if it involved flying (well not no one but very few)

What im saying is, tournament organisers may well be losing just as many people by making some events 2 days (me cos i cant always make 2 days) as the 1 day tournament organisers are (people who travel).

I think thats the most sensible comment i have read in the past week :)
110% agree

Several of the previous posts are absolutely correct. The top players, who are just about certain to pick up some cash, will always be there.

It's the 'fringe' players who want the experience of tournament play, mixing with better players and to just plain have a good time who are neglected.

You cant do that with only six or eight games in the qualifying round.

As has also been said, look at the Seniors and for that matter the Juniors, they have full fields simply because competing in such events is a great experience!

I've been pushing this barrow since the late seventies. I wrote an article in the old Pin Action magazine that if these 'fringe' players were not looked after then the 'elite' guys would soon have no one to boost their prize fund.

Several leading players (one who is still around) took me to task saying that the lesser talented competitors should appreciate the fact that they may learn something by just being there.

Maybe, but again, not in six or eight games!

Back
Top Bottom