Is what I heard true??

S

Sarah300

I was in my local bowling centre today when I was waiting by the counter and two "junior" bowlers were talking about a camp that they had recently had the priviledge on attending.

They also remarked how a Victorian girl was sent home after coming back to the units after the cerfew, she arrived back at the units at 1:30 in the morning, several hours after cerfew.

If what I heard is correct this girl is unlucky for been caught, but on the otherhand she was given the priveledge to attend the camp and nearly free airfares and accom and all expenses, and this person took way more than advantage of the trip she was given but she pushed the boundaries for everyone who attended the camp as well.

Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on this matter!!

Thanks

Sarah

hey i would just like to say that i dont know if it is true or not but i reackon this matter should not be discussed as this might offend those ppl or person involved who ever it was.
just trying to keep the peace within us bowlers lol lol :)
cya's

hi,
i was lucky enough to go on that camp, and what you know is as much as what we know and were told, maybe you should ask the person involved and get the truth about the matter from them.
thanks kerry

Look it is nobody's business about what actually happened at the camp I dont know and I really dont care. The thing that makes matters like this worse is people gossiping about it and blowing the whole thing out of proportion. Just get on with bowling and keep the gossip to yourself as it is noones business. Make bowling a pleasant sport and not one that revolves around gossip. How would you like it if people posted crap on this forum about you??? I know I wouldnt like it so dont post crap about other people on here and leave it the hell alone.

Thanx

Tamara Darmenia

Whether this is true or not, is not the point. This did happen and the person who is asking these questions has the absolute right to question this.

Tamara, this is not gossiping as far as i can see. It will make people realise that this camp is serious and costs alot of money. It would not be able to be blown up anymore as this is a pretty big deal to start with.

Hopefully all the people who attend this camp and others in the future will reaslie that this costs alot and apart from the costs it is worth alot to develop yourself in bowling.

My advise to others is obtain as much information from these camps and don't let this happen to you.....learn from her BIG mistake.

Cyas
Kim

hi,

i cant believe someone would do this...i mean if ur privilaged enough to go u should cherish it, its a once in a life time oppurtunity, LITERALLY.

I cant see what the problem is, as to finding out what happened, no different to afl footballers in the news for drunken binges etc, its news and people want to know!.

Mark Foster

ok i honestly dont care what happened. though if it really did happen then bad luck, your bowling career has a major blemish against it.

ANYWAY

i have to disagree that it is nobodies business.. once you become an 'elite' junior (by being accepted into the tba junior coaching camp) you have a responsibility to not just yourself anymore, its like making shield... you are representing yourself, your centre, your state, and in some cases your country... and also dont forget that the bowlers of australia pretty much paid for your trip!!! (if it was the same as last year, and im told it was) i can remember being told all this last year and when you think about it it is true! (i think June would have said it at the opening as well...)
it is a great privilage to be accepted into this squad and the opportunity shouldnt be taken lightly...
i could crap on all day but blah blah im done....

have fun, SURE!! but dont push it toooo much... it is very serious at that level of bowling.

i'm sure there will be more comments... agree or disagree, i'll leave it alone.
im sure the person (IF its even TRUE) is feeling bad enough and has been told all this enough times as it is.

bye byes :D

i agree with pat i think she has learned a big lesson from this and should not be "picked" on for what she did... im sure she has a reason for it so it should be left alone...
luv ya's!
shellby...

hey everyone

i was one of the very lucky ones to attend the camp this year. and what you have been told is all you need to know. yes it is true that someone left their room after cerfew. but if you want the true story like others have said just ask ther person themselves. don't go spreading roumours around just for the hell of it. like we were all told up at the camp, don't make up a story cause in the end it will only make you look stupid.
in my opinion i think this person was pretty stupid in what they did. it's a once in a lifetime thing to go and they screwed that up and will probably never get selected in something big like this again from what they did everyone should just leave this one alone i think because ppl dissing everyone else will just make our sport look bad.
that's all i'm gonna say
Take care

Enough is enough guys. Lets give this person a break. She has been punished for breaking the rules and by now both her and her family probably feel pretty upset.
It's not the end of her bowling career, and it is not such a major deal. In this respect our National executive are more than fair, plenty of people have represented at both State and National levels after they have performed some pretty ordinary acts.
Just attend a few Rachuig dinners if you want to broaden your experience of bowler behaviour. There are even some major contributors to this forum who have been the subject of some very heated complaints about their conduct.
It's easy to point the finger at someone, lets try to remember that in a moment of weakness it could be ourselves in that same situation.

I think the point that really got everyone upset, aside from the obvious, was the fact that when she snuck out, she told security that she was another, innocent girl, who was attending the camp, so if she did get caught and the security told June, then the other girl would get the wrap for it, not cool!

If the above post is correct and the person involved did happen to say that she was another girl, that is a pretty low thing to do by anyones standards and infact in my mind this girl should be named not just to embarrass her although i think she has already been embarrassed but just let people know what kind of person she really is.

And to Tam, this wasnt gossip, just simply wanting to know the facts instead of getting a half edge story.

Just my two cents worth

Sarah

Hey Sarah,

She has already been named (see above). Really, it's all been said and done now, nothing can reverse what she did and how it may affect her future in junior/youth bowling. People just make stupid mistakes you know what I mean, and she knows it, and I would like to think that I am 100% certain that she regrets her decisions. Like Andrew said above, if you think that something like this is going to be detremental to one's bowling career, just buy a ticket to an Rachuig Ball, it will definitely put this incident into perspective. Although I have never been, I have certainly heard, and seen some delightful photo's.

May i just add that im not a junior but have read this forum, and being to a rachuig dinner and the goings on at them does not put this incident in perspective.
The dinner is after state commitments, and while ADULTS may drink and some get drunk how is breaking curfew and lying about your identity being put in perspective when we pay for rachuig ourselves?, and the fact it was a national camp nearly all expenses paid for? At a rachuig dinner bowlers are not breaking curfew and lying about who we are. I am not having a dig at anyone here but dont use rachuig dinners as an example of a bowlers poor decision making.

The incident happened and im sure that the girl has copped enough and has payed for the mistake , isn't it best to put it all behind and let her get on with her bowling? Please don't take this as an attack as it is only my oppinion

I think that everybody should just keep the stuff that they know to themselves and give this person a break. She has already been through enough and none of you would want to be in the same situation. Whats been done has been done and we cant change that and i think you should move on. We are all humans and we all make mistakes!

I'm sure the girl in question knows she's made a "blue" and that she regrets it.
Everyone makes mistakes - that's why we have erasers and Tippex - and it should be a question of how she recovers from this - hopefully very well.
Maybe all of this "hoo-haar" over this topic might make her realise she'd done wrong and that the people in authority might give her another go to prove herself.
I doubt she'd make the same mistake twice.
It's not what you've done it's how you correct it that counts.

Back
Top Bottom