International Youth

J

josie

Could anybody tell me the date for the International Youth Tourny in Sydney. Jan sometime? Thanks
icon_smile.gif

Hey Josie

The dates for the Youth Masters is 4th, 5th, 6th January 2002.

The tournament will be a single division tournament for males and females combined. The females get 7 pins each game.

The payout will be for the top 30.

The top three girls who do not cash will get $350, $250 and $100

1st 1750, 2nd $1,200, 3rd $750 down to $100 for 30th.

Top 16 bowlers make the Final
Top 5 bowlers make the stepladder

Entry forms out soon, will let you know as soon as it is released. Should be within the fortnight
icon_smile.gif

Who is eligible to go in the Youth Masters tournament?? Where is it going to be held??
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Youth is open to anyone under the age of 23 (I think, open for correction) and will be at Bankstown Bowl.

Kel

Thank you Graham and Kel. for your prompt reply now I can go ahead and make plans for flights etc.
icon_biggrin.gif

Hi

I feel as a bowler i should be able to voice my opinion on the new format of this tournament.

Personally I dont like it. I think it is a very unfair way to run a tournament that attracts bowlers of all calibres but has a large number from the very high average bracket.

Last year the Junior Champion of Champions tried this format and their numbers dropped considerably, I am sure Doc Kee and his tournament committee dont want this to happen to a tournament that has a fairly large turnout every year.

I know they are giving girls 7 pins every game but over a few games when you are bowling against bowlers such as Brandon Qualischefski, Chris Warner, Jarrod Lean, Michael Frazi etc etc (sorry if i didnt say anyone just some names off the top of my head) 7 pins isnt going to do much.

This is just my two cents worth and people can agree or disagree with me, but I personally dont like the format, however I will still be attending.

Thanks

Kel
icon_rolleyes.gif

to kel stop bitching and be thankful you are getting any pins start. in a game were we all use the same equipment on the same lanes why should anyone get any start. just think what the guys would say if someone like cara honeychurch was given 7 pins start a game, look at results from this year she can beat the guys without any start. so stop bitching and put in some practise and get better!!!!!!!!!!!

To Kel
What about the lower average male juniors?As well as not being able to match it with the top level males now, they have to give all of the female bowlers 7 pins head start,So now their chances of maybe making some money if they happen to bowl well enough has been all but stripped away from them.Yes I know you said it is your opinion that you don't like the format but,If you read an entry form and don't like the format then don't bowl that particular tournament.
Till next time
Tryhard

Gerald

I know exactly what you mean and I am sorry I left the males out but it is a very good point you raised.

I know I dont like the format but I will still be bowling as I dont want to see such a good tournament fold and it will also be good experience for next as I age out this year. But I am still of the opinion that it is an unfair format.

Kel

To it may concern.

Wheather it is unfair or not (depending on what side you are on) either way that is the format and we have to put up with this format. (hopefully for just this year) So everyone can complain all they want but what for?? it won't mean a thing.
l say concentrate on your bowling and give it your best shot. That is what l am doing anyway and l think everyone else should.
At big tournements you surprise on what you can do... l know l was last year. Everyone has the ability to bowl well. You just gotta believe in yourself.
But it will be interesting on the final results at a mixed tourny.. That should make it either exciting or boring bowling.
Hopefully xciting

Catch ya later

Brad Histon.

ken said at this year's greenslopes tournament that he is thinking of making it a youth tournament next year, so people leaving juniors this year will be able to bowl next year. he also said the numbers were not to good this year 45 boys and 27 girls.

as a mother of an a junior i think we should be encouraging more juniors to compete in these tournaments.

i would not like to see juniors fold but it is hard enough paying out good money $120.00 this year knowing that your child is going to bowl 12 games but will not make the final unless they bowl exceptionaly well. my child went into this years tourny looking at getting experience. next year he could be up against brando, brendon heathwood,(a real nice guy so we don't mind) and others. what hope does a young junior have??

we need more youth tourny's but also to promote the juniors after all JUNIORS ARE THE FUTURE OF BOWLING.

just my thoughts
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

Ok here we go.

In regards to the youth tournament being held in January, this is a new format that they are trying and its next year....if the format doesnt work out (not predicting nething here either) there is always room for improvement or to go back to the old format.....i say why not try it. As for the 7 pins head start for girls, im not worried whether girls get it or not, id like to go and bowl there and improve myself. Whether there is head pins start or not i will be playing as if boys and girls start on zero (0), if you always rely on a head pin start then its not going ot help you improve.

Now to Sharp which is talking of going to youth in 2002. Again the same situation if it doesnt take off (not saying it wont) then there is room for change. Most definately in this tournament the cuts are going to have to account for more ppl than they did this year. But you have to get the entries in first.

In both tournaments go for the experience and have some fun while youre there. Give them a chance to get off the ground.

Thats my 2 cents worth anyway.

Kim Barry

OK

I am going to clarify myself a little better one this topic and please dont think that I am just changing my mind because people arent agreeing with me.

I am still of the opinion that is unfair format on anyones behalf, but I totally agree with what Kim said. If the format doesnt work then I am sure that the tournament committee will revise the format for the 2003 tournament.

I suppose though that if you look at this tournament from another perspective, it is a good welcoming tournament to the adult world of bowling as most adult tournaments only have one cut, correct me if I am wrong.

In regards to the 7 pins it is also unfair on the younger male bowlers who arent as good as some of the youth bowlers but are greatly improving. I dont think there should be an average cut off as this restricts entries and again would be unfair as it is a great tournament to experience bowling against higher average bowlers.

So there you go a more clarified way to express my opinion. Sorry if I have confused anyone as I wrote points as they come into my mind.

Kel

Are the entry forms out for this tournament yet?? If yes, could someone please send me one?? Thanks.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_razz.gif

To anyone who can get hold of some entries, can they please email me at [email protected]

I'll see if I can bring a hoard of Victorian youth bowlers up, so we can show them just like we did in South Australia :^)

Back
Top Bottom