How much does your center charge

Yer those prices are ridicolous, id be looking at paying 10 to 15 bucks for 3 games in most centres,So for me im on 10 bucks an hour for work, Id have to work 2 hours just to pay for 3 games of bowling which would only take me 30 mins or so to play. :(

Bert said:
Actually TIGER..you do have to say something else.
In the first Screen, the one game price you display didnt include shoe hire. Therefore 1 Adult game and shoes was $12.
In the second Screen, the one game price does include shoe hire. So the price for 1 Adult game (incl Shoes) is $14.00
2 and 3 Game prices in both boards includes shoe hire.
If quoting/displaying anything, it is always adviseable to give the full picture.
Bert

Well the above is what the board behind the counter has read on consecutive years Bert.
Unless, as you say, they've re-worded the board from the previous year to include the game price and shoe hire displayed into the one fixed price.
I would hope it would be $10.50 (plus the $3.50 shoe hire) to cost $14.00, and not $14.00 plus the $3.50 to cost $17.50 all up ;)
If that is the definate case, I'll adjust the screen to reflect that.

However, I have heard of several increases in pricing in the past year, and until I'd revisited this thread, hadn't quite realised just how much.
Either way, it doesn't really encourage families to come and play the game, and hopefully get them wanting to bowl more. Not in this crap-wage town it doesn't anyway.

Isn't it just that AMF has to reflect general price rises in it's charges structure? Everyone needs to be paid more to cope with cost of living rises, therefore AMF needs to increase it's door sales. Price hikes are one, albeit shortsighted way, of achieving this.

I'd prefer to see centres that have lower prices and more bowlers but there again everyone here would. Life doesn't work that way.

There we go Bert. I did some checking and have split it up into: without shoe hire rates (on the left) and with shoe hire rates included (on the right).
That's more accurate. It appears to be a marketing strategy of getting the customer to bowl more than one game, dressing it to appear as a better option than bowling a single game.

20050im.jpg

20063hf.jpg

Bert said:
If quoting/displaying anything, it is always adviseable to give the full picture.
See above. No wonder the general public gets confused.

$14 a game 30 min fun see a movie $14 2 1/2 hr's mmmmmmmmmmm

Gary..............................................:cool:

Now Marquee own AMF they will slowly suck the life out of bowling $1 at a time till there is nothing left then they will sell it off and move on like the giant parasite they are. To the average bowler it appears they care nothing for the league bowler that supports them week after week. The question is why do they need these constant price increases, the bowler sees no benefit and the friendly staff who care for the league bowler are seeing no increase in there pay each week. But I suppose that’s what happens when you own the monopoly.

Frosty:rolleyes:

AMF Chadstone....

Child under 6
1g: $10 2g: $13.5

Children under 14 and Student with Card:
1g $12 2g $17.50 3g $20.5

Adult
1g: $13 2g $19.5 3g $23.50

League Practice $5.50 + Shoe Hire ($3)
4 games LP $16
5 games LP $20

Im pretty sure on those, I will check next time i go in