How many 300's have been bowled this year compared to other years?

They are a result of centres, mainly a few AMF ones, laying down a ditch. Yeah there are a few good 300 games still but the majority are bowled at centres with easy conditions.

BUT, I still say good luck to those who bowl one and well done on the achievement.

GoThe Cell
You are pretty right
300 games are now toooo easy to get
From around 1969 when i started to bowl there was about 1 or 2 300 games per year
and there were plenty of people around who could play the game beleive me
Today Lane conditions and bowling balls together with some ability means you
can bowl several 300 games
I recal Blacktown having 9 x 300 games bowled in 1 month after having 1 x 300
bowled in the previous 15-20 years. What doe that tell you, all of a sudden Bowlers
became brilliant !!! I don't think so

Just my opinion but i think the game has been downgraded and the value of ,what was one perfection, a 300 game undermined and devalued by easy conditions and bowling balls that allow you to miss your mark by 7 boards right and still smash the pocket.

There is no need to make conditions really difficult but stop making it so bloody easy that any dick and his dog can bowl 300

yep, sure is.

Except this time I will say it. Certain places are just ditches. Look at where the 300 games are bowled and you will have a good enough idea which centres they are.

Makes it a lot easier when the ball has a built in steering wheel as well. The year reactive resin hit the market in the US, 300 games jumped by 24,000 that year (1991)

yes but its the same for everyone.

if you dont bowl in the "ditched" centres then go and bowl there. If you dont live near one then dont get too upset if people bowl well at them.

I personally dont see what the big deal is, sports advance in technology all the time, we've been here before.

If everyone has access to the same gear (which we do within reason) then the only variable is the centre you bowl at, if you dont like it where you are then MOVE.

On a side note well done to anyone who bowls a 300 its still a special achievement that well over the majority of league bowlers will never ever get to.

yes but its the same for everyone.

if you dont bowl in the "ditched" centres then go and bowl there. If you dont live near one then dont get too upset if people bowl well at them.

I personally dont see what the big deal is, sports advance in technology all the time, we've been here before.

If everyone has access to the same gear (which we do within reason) then the only variable is the centre you bowl at, if you dont like it where you are then MOVE.

On a side note well done to anyone who bowls a 300 its still a special achievement that well over the majority of league bowlers will never ever get to.

Bit hard to bowl in a ditched centre when there isn't one within 400km+ of here. I wouldn't do it anyway. Your whole post makes it look like you only bowl where you are currently because it is ditched and you wouldn't bowl elsewhere. That would make you one of the suckers that has fallen for it and I say well done to whatever centre you bowl in for achieving what they aimed to do. They want to have any idiot off the street bowling huge scores so that the idiot in question thinks they can bowl well and joins a league. Great marketing but bad for the sport.

Yeah we all have acces to the same equipment and it is far better than it used to be. That doesn't mean a centre should ditch their lanes to make it even easier. Some of these places you could just about bowl between your legs and get a 300 game.

Centers don't payout for 300s like they use to because of the volume of perfect games being achieved. City Bowl, Adelaide, use to give away a new car. Woodville gave away new cars and overseas holidays. You'll never see that again for bowling a 300 during league.

As far as I know we still get a payout for a 300 game. Not sure how much but there might be one.

Then again, our centre puts down a reasonable condition that scores well without the stupidity of a ditch.

What ever the condition you still have to get 12 strikes.. ditched or not there is still room for error/nerves to kick in. Its never goin to be "easy" to bowl 300. Still an excellent achievement no matter where its done imho.

You bowl on what you are given.. simple as that.

Would be interesting to see how many 300's were bowled in Australia last year and the top 10 centres in terms of 300 games.

Yeah I know they do, but you're not gonna get a new car or an overseas holiday anymore. You won't get anything near that.

Actually make it 20 large, A guy called Barry Wilson got 10000 at fairlanes then 20000 at Osborne park the next yr

Bit hard to bowl in a ditched centre when there isn't one within 400km+ of here. I wouldn't do it anyway. Your whole post makes it look like you only bowl where you are currently because it is ditched and you wouldn't bowl elsewhere. That would make you one of the suckers that has fallen for it and I say well done to whatever centre you bowl in for achieving what they aimed to do. They want to have any idiot off the street bowling huge scores so that the idiot in question thinks they can bowl well and joins a league. Great marketing but bad for the sport.

Yeah we all have acces to the same equipment and it is far better than it used to be. That doesn't mean a centre should ditch their lanes to make it even easier. Some of these places you could just about bowl between your legs and get a 300 game.

Cell you made many assumptions in your break down of my post, almost to the point you sound angry. So much tension in these forums and for what???

All i was saying is every post that goes on about other people bowling 300's just smacks of jealousy to me.

Im not an idiot off the street as you so nicely put it, ive been bowling a long time and have not made 300. Of course its my goal but im happy to average 180 along the way.

I bowl once a week for the enjoyment of it, i bowl the NSWSS as well becuase i love to bowl 10 games regardless of the condition.

As i said in my original post if you dont live near one then move and if you dont have one near by then dont get upset at people who do and who bowl there.

I think everyone should just enjoy it and move on, if the sport makes you so mad at other people success then it is you who is bringing the sport down in my opinion.

I think that too, its because of jealousy based crap like that that stuff like sport conditions exist. Boo bloody hoo you cant recreate the 60's. Quicker sport bowling dies the better

You retards must think too much of yourself if you truly think I am jealous of anyone.

Retards?

Good one!!:rolleyes:

In an earlier post you said Good Luck and Well Done to those that achieve 300did you not? So why say that in one breath and then say they only did it in ditched centres.

Anyway im not here to argue the point i still believe anyone who gets a 300 especially the first one (as nerves would play a big part) deserves recognition so if you have done it in 1960 or 2009 well done!

Back
Top Bottom