Hot start to 2003

baron

Hot start indeed and I'm not talking about just the bowling. The weather in Adelaide was unbelievable with 3 days in the 40's with Sunday an amazing 44.1 in fact theres talking of changing the name to "Adel-Hades"it was that warm. From a WA point of view we are a happy bunch of campers with only 2 players missing the cash and all finishing in the top half of the field and of course MM proving once again why he is one of Australias premier players with a solid 3 days performance. Another step in his goal of 10 majors. On a personal note I went in not expecting too much so any cash was a bonus but clearly theres a bit of work to do to remain competitive. My sparing was surprisingly good thanks mainly to the "GFader-LE" my new spare ball which performed well. It was good to see some of the new faces of bowling with Brando and Lean once again putting their hand up. Finally caught up with Graham at last and George again the only lefty to cut. CH had a good tournament proving you dont have to throw the big bomb to score. Not bad for a "gumbie" (he knows what I mean) The top 16 had a good spread of players from all over Australia with a few locals so hopefully this will entice them back next year. All in all a great weekend but is it enough to coax the old dog out again?......well we shall see. A big thankyou to Bobbie Phillips who looked after us for a couple of days. Actually got to see a bit of the city. Dont forget Perth Cup/Bunbury and Cannington once dates are confirmed. Baron

Glad his excellency "THE BARON" enjoyed our little hot house for the weekend, hope you return next year!!!!!
BUT!!!! You listen too much to that tossa "HITMAN"
Be good
Cheers
Colin

Back
Top Bottom