Hobart Cup 2012

Congratulations must go out to the tournament committee on this years event, with a prize fund based on 50 entries they only received 38 but paid out the advertised payout less $200! You made all mainland competitors feel extremley welcome! and also to the crowd for the 1st time in along time there was atmosphere during matchplay and the step ladder final around 100-150 watching!! Was fantastic to be apart of this years event, so to all bowlers I highly recommend this event for 2013!!! I'll be back.

Mark Johnston

Bruv.. It was great to watch. It's been a long time since Mainlanders have been down for a major event, and you're right about the atmosphere. The crowds down here like to watch, and do support the bowlers.

Where else can you get heckled from 3 pairs away after the front 9? ;)

As one of the crowd, I would like to thank all the "overseas" guys for coming down and supporting the event. Colin and Paul do an fantastic job running events, and without them, bowling down here would be in even worse shape. Almost makes me want to come out of retirement :)

Absolutely spot on Mark...great event with a fantastic appreciative crowd. It was a pleasure to be in Tassie at such a well run event and i am already looking forward to next year.
I would also like to say a huge thanks to the tournament committee for a great job and also to the sponsors for a fantastic prize fund which considering a smaller number of entrants than expected, was still amazing...to only drop $25 each from 5th down was incredible. To those who couldnt make it to Tassie this year i urge you to put some serious thought into going next year. Fantastic event all round and much congrats to all involved in running the event.

Cheers
Paul Trotter

Nothing much more to say i guess. The 2 above have put the nail on the head. Having a crowd was exciting to bowl in front of. Will be back next for sure and will enjoy the accommodation which was fantastic thanks to my bro.

Thanks to all the sponsors as i think the prize fund wouldn't of been as good and to only drop $25 dollars from 5th down was great.

See you next year

Congratulations to Sam Cooley winner of the 2012 Hobart Tenpin Cup, also to Glen Loader, Chris Castle and Kevin Webb - 2nd, 3rd and 4th respectively.
Also a very big thankyou to those bowlers who attended and contributed to the tournaments success, made all the hard work worthwhile.

Attachments

• Hobart Tenpin Cup 2012 Top 3 small.jpg
    Hobart Tenpin Cup 2012 Top 3 small.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Hobart Tenpin Cup 2012 Top 4.JPG
    Hobart Tenpin Cup 2012 Top 4.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 58
  • Hobart Tenpin Cup 2012 Winner Sam Cooley small.jpg
    Hobart Tenpin Cup 2012 Winner Sam Cooley small.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 48
not only was there crowd support during matchplay and stepladder finals but also during qualifying which was a new experience to me but not a bad one. this is something the mainlanders can take on board from tassie and that is crowd atmosphere they had it in full swing almost like watching a pba match. cheering and clapping going on in almost every shot from the first day till the last, this has been lacking in major events in australia giving bowling a nestalgic and mundane feel. great job tassie wish there was another tournament worth bowling in this yr down there.

because we played on paris chin even though it was long oil, volume was low so it broke down very quickly and opened up even before half way through game one. kept up with the transition and you scored well but u didn't u got punished.

WTBA Paris was laid at the 2011 World Womens Championship. 6 Game Record smashed with a Singapore bowler averaging 266.

This pattern is a high scoring pattern

Could be that the old guys use experience and not muscle?

Paris is high scoring if you can carry. Getting to the pocket is easy enough on the 47ft Paris. Carry is hard, missing one spare is very costly when the scores are high. The NSW Open will be tough on this pattern as the corners at Campbelltown are a little harder to get out than most AMF centres.

If every body averages 260 or 180 who cares, as long as every body is doing it and no body runs away from the pack it will be fun.

Hey chin.. So I guess you will be posting your previous comments under nsw open as well? The cut was 201 avg and for 15th it was also 206 avg same as Hobart.

Hey chin.. So I guess you will be posting your previous comments under nsw open as well? The cut was 201 avg and for 15th it was also 206 avg same as Hobart.

Wasnt talking about the NSW Open or the cut. Hobart, 38 bowlers 10 over 220ave 1:4 in qualifying. NSW Open 74 bowlers 3 over 220ave 1:25.
See very little similarity except for the irrelevant 206ave for 15th in both tournaments.
That and the fact top qualifier WAS a senior.

Back
Top Bottom