Highest league avg for a season?

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Just wondering if people could post the highest league avg you have bowled for a season. I'm trying to get some information together on who has the highest league avg for a season in Australia.

I finished on 228 last year at Caboolture in my teams league, surely there are some higher single league averages out there. Anyway care to post name and avg please,

thanks

i threw 233 (64) at legends in 2001, but mine was only a doubles league

i have a feeling poppy hughes shot 230+ at burleigh in about 1998/99

I finished up with a 173 avg for tuesday teenagers leauge at kingaroy. Hoping to get that avg up to 180 - 190 by the end of this season

Craig,

Singles, Doubles, Teams, I dont mind, just wondering whats the highest

Thx for your reply, 233 takes it at the moment

223 for 96 games... with a urethane ball in 1990. (Pretty sure it was a record back then.)

Just averaged 217 for 100+ games in my first league back since then. Better keep plugging away at it, I guess...

Glen Loader was carrying a 239 ave a few weeks before xmas with only a few weeks to go in Overlanders league at Keon Park. will check and see wht it is after tonight.

Phil

My personal highest was 213.10 in Sponsors League back in 2002, that was the all-time Moonah record at the time.
Subsequently broken the following year by Ray Tilla with 216.27 in the Jan-June season of Centre League.

Paul Lucock set a 221 average record in Centre League about two years ago in the June-Dec season, and I believe Andrew Phillips may have also shot a 221 in one particular league around the same time (Wellington League I think).

Note: Lucock did hit 229 in Sponsors League around the same time but hadn't bowled the required 66⅔% of the season's games to qualify for the averages (about 3 under from memory), therefore is not counted.

Tiger... correct, I finished on 221 for a season in Wellington a couple of years ago... next best in the league was 199, and also had a 220 ave in Classic Doubles on a 2nd shift shot.

I know Rod Stewart averaged over 235 for a season in the EFL singles league a couple of years ago, for 4 games a week, 28 week season. Not sure exact average though.

I think Paul Longayroux finished Wednesday night Doubles league last year at Village Bowl SA with 230+.....20 week season (someone might have to confirm)

Mine was 228, with a high of 268... that was at warners bay in 04-05.
Neil "The Don" Donnelly finished with a low 240 ave at strikezone i am pretty sure, waiting for confirmation of this as we speak.

Actually, I think Neils highest ave after one of (if not the) first season of Brunswick Trios at Strikezone was mid - high 230s.
From memory he still has the highest league in the centre at present being somewhere between high 220s to low 230s.

My highest average over a league was 183.78 over 132 games. doesnt seem like much compared to others here, but its my highest so far. Am on the way up though, thats up 5 pins on previous league of over 100 games. :) :cool:

this is an interesting topic george i now it is 4 weeks old now but i would like to add an extra part to your original question. what type of lanes was/is the average bowled on wood or synthetic as there is a considerable difference in performance between the 2 types. mine is a 218 ave over 144 games double league on wood lanes. currently edging towards a 220+ ave for this season.

i have only came back in the last few months after being out of the game for a long time.I was lucky enough to see george and Jason bowl in an exebition at Berri.my highest was in the early 80's and this was a 199 average, not like you guys today.This was only over a 10 week period playing at the old Hurstville ten pin Bowls.Many considered this a hard centre to bowl at in the old days.

Back
Top Bottom