Hardest & easiest Lane conditions in Qld?

dazgore

Hi All,

After reading the posts on the most 300 games per centre, i got to thinking, what centres, especially here in Qld, are considered to be the hardest or easiest?
I have only recently started back bowling again, after about 10 years, and bowl at Kedron, and have heard some derogortory remarks about this centre, as its the only one i have bowled at, i cant judge, but would be interested in any comments. Also of interest i would like to know what would be considered a good series or average on each particular centres.
For example a 550 series in Kedron is on a par in comparason to say a 620 in Caboolture.

Thanks

Darryl Gore

I will just make a simple list of some lanes I find easy and hard

Easy - Greenslopes, Capalaba, Mt Gravatt, Aspley

Hard - Nerang (haven't been there in a while though), Richlands, Chermside, Milton

Finally a bowler who dose'nt think Milton's a pie house!!!!
Chips, everyone complains to me that they are to easy.

milton said:
Finally a bowler who dose'nt think Milton's a pie house!!!!
Chips, everyone complains to me that they are to easy.
Gotta admit, I haven't been back there at all this year, and I hear that they have become easier then they have been in the past.

I would also like to add Strathpine and Cannon Hill to my list of hard centres. It would be good to hear some other peoples opinions though.

It will be intresting about loganholme when it open up in Dec
also how many bowling centers are wilth a shopping center and has league and tournments ??
As I am intresting in going there but heard that bowling center that a atttached with shopping center do not have leagues

i have to agree with chips nerang has turned out to be a very very hard centre with there uneven conditions week in week out

butmore about the loganholme centre this is only going to be a social centre from what i have heard

well that is all i have to say

:p 8) MATTY J 8) :p

add ashmore to the list of hard to score on. Combination of a bit whacky condition (getting better), weak backends and some dead pin carry = fun :)

I'd agree with the Chermside status of a hard lane to play, I bowl there 2-3 nights (2 leagues, 1 social) a week and the conditions can vary day to day and even lane to lane. I recently had the chance to bowl milton and was told that I should bowl well. Took me games to find my line and was good after that. I enjoy the harder centre's as I beleive that it makes us all better bowlers. Chermside for the record is in a shopping centre and has about 2 leagues a day there.

Drfarek

Come bowl the Monday Night 8.00 Party League at Chermside. Fun social league with the majority of bowlers 160+ ave

Hi everybody. i would have to say logan city are very easy to score on but they are very dry. and when i did bowl at nerang i found them hard to score on.

Yes I agree logan city in dry center not like the old center which had oil lol
the best lane to use at logan is deep inside

drafreak. sorry if i spelt ur name wrong. can i ask who u are and wat league u bowl in.

luke I use tyo bowl on a monday night 8.30 (Moneyspinners) but I could not bowl any more because of work and I was tired of the dry lanes . Now I bowl sunday moring at 9.00 the doubles league and have oil one the lanes to lol
I am realy injoying thisd league as their give to breakfast too

also choker I could not get to chermside as I do not finsh work until 700 and I live on the south side

Well i would have to say that since Garden City Lanes, Toowoomba have gotten their new oil machine they have had an extremely easy condition ever since. i had trouble holding a 190 average there before the i bowled there after the new machine and averaged 220. Too easy i think.

Hi all,
Firstly I would just like to say that I presume that "Ragnamax" is you nik?? I dont think that bowling 5 games can really count as knowing the lanes.. I do recall it was a school bowling tournie and those who bowled mainly didnt even bowl league..

I dont think that saying a centre with a brand new kegal machine has "the easiest conditions", sure they can put them down but a new machine allows the tec to make the conditions change and suprise suprise the lanes were more scoreable on that particular day.. I have a 185 ave and on last sunday i was scoring over the card too..

I suppose the old saying is right, no matter wat u put down bowlers will still whinge, jeez i remember when they were "too hard".. Unless theres a constant condition and u play on them all the time, (not just 5 games) how can u say u know them..

As ppl always say on here.. its just my opinion!!

Thanks
Hayley

Woah! That attack was uncalled for there hayley. I just think the lanes have become easier since the kegel came in. I'm not the only one saying it either. If you want to respond to my opinions try to keep it to a level that doesn't offend others and their say. I'm sure flaming isn't really allowed in here.

As a bowler I am fully aware that the conditions can change from day to day but i still stand by my statement that they are easier than many other lanes i have bowled on throughout Queenslend, even if it was after 1 or 100 games. With my bowling style as it is I simply believe that your lanes have become easier.

Hayles said:
Hi all,
Firstly I would just like to say that I presume that "Ragnamax" is you nik?? I dont think that bowling 5 games can really count as knowing the lanes.. I do recall it was a school bowling tournie and those who bowled mainly didnt even bowl league..

I dont think that saying a centre with a brand new kegal machine has "the easiest conditions", sure they can put them down but a new machine allows the tec to make the conditions change and suprise suprise the lanes were more scoreable on that particular day.. I have a 185 ave and on last sunday i was scoring over the card too..

I suppose the old saying is right, no matter wat u put down bowlers will still whinge, jeez i remember when they were "too hard".. Unless theres a constant condition and u play on them all the time, (not just 5 games) how can u say u know them..

As ppl always say on here.. its just my opinion!!

Thanks
Hayley

So a condition placed on the lanes by a tech is not a real condition then? You should tell your manager to stop blocking the lanes if they put out such an easy condition on that day then. Any lanes that you can average 220 on, jnr or adult, male or female are considered high scoring and will be judged easier. The fact that you are saying the condition had changed only emphasies Ragnamax's point. They were playing too easy.

Out of the 29 bowlers that bowled in the discussed tournament, only 2 averaged over 200 (Nik with 220 and Hayley with 202), and only 4 averaged over 150 (Adrian with 152 and Adam with 187, plus the two above). That leaves 25 bowlers who did not average over 150. If you don't believe me, visit this link to view the scores....

School Results

How these scores show that the conditions are easy I have no idea.

Nik, if you still hold a 220-ish average after an entire season of bowling league here, I'm sure Hayles and myself would withdraw our comments..... maybe you should have a go at it.

Just my two cents.

Tangles: About your commet above, everyone knows that not all school kids are good bowlers, some don't even bowl in league or have there own gear even. Hence why there as so many below 150. But the ones that do bowl in league did bowl well over there avg.

Let's look at some better facts.

This is the top 20 from ur last tournament.
1st George Frilingos 2407/10
2nd Craig McCloskey 2385/10
3rd Carl Bottomley 2303/10
4th Brando 2282/10
5th Matt Bosanko 2263/10
6th Anthony Ambrosio 2246/10
7th Emma Rutten 2243/10
8th Jason Dawidowicz 2241/10
9th Rick Carlos 2235/10
10th Colin Sommerfeld 2229/10
11th Tony Hamilton 2227/10
12th Simon Strasburg 2226/10
13th Chris Quail 2210/10
14th Shayne Melton 2202/10
14th Steve Hampton 2202/10
16th Corey Knowles 2196/10
17th David Turnage 2170/10
18th Jon King 2158/10
19th Joe Gatt 2153/10
20th Jason Walsh 2142/10

Now looking at these scores, there was only about 50 males in it and more then half the field avg 200+, has to tell you something really.

Yes the conditions can change. But someone that can avg 220+ i can understand why they would say it is easy.

P.S I can't understand why you would have a personal attack on some one, when they were happy about the way they bowled at your center.

I personally agree with nik if you can avg 220+ at any center it must be a little bit on the easyer side of things.

Back
Top Bottom