Great act of kindness

Chowny

Staff member
Last weekend away in Cairns, Pilko was qualifying with a young Townsville junior Beck Canham. Who had made the trip up to the tournament with some fairly old gear.

Whilst out for the afternoon (fishing… nice work!) Pilko, Kate and Jase were chatting about young Beck and thought it would be a great idea to help her out.

These guys are sponsored bowlers with Visionary / Bowling Balls Australia and they contacted the sponsor Max and decided to donate one of there bowling balls to Beck.

Just before Beck was about to head back to Townsville, Cairn’s Cup Team BBA bowlers let Beck know that they had been chatting about her and gave her a Blue Green Centaur.

The guys had also organized a $50 gift voucher from Bowling Balls Australia to help her out.

On top of this they had spoken to Robbie Buckley of Kirwan Bowl Townsville and arranged with him to plug and drill the ball up for free and he offered to give her some coaching lessons. Well done Robbie!!!

That’s great stuff Pilko, Kate and Jase. Your thoughtfulness and kindness must have really made Beck’s weekend away.

You guys are great people and it’s nice to know that this stuff does happen. Im certain you all have made a lasting impression on Beck.

Thanks again to Max for making this all possible, without your sponsored bowlers out on the lanes at nearly every tournament in the country this couldn’t happen.

P.S: Beck, I was talking to Jase and I also believe there is a VBP Frankie May on it’s way too!!!

Thats supporting the youth of today.

well done one and all, good to see there are people out there who want to help the young out.

That's a great post Chowny. Well done guys, but that's typical of your great and generous support for tenpin bowling no matter at what level. You have again done yourselves proud. Great work from Robbie as well. =D> =D> =D> =D> (1 each)

Nice post Chowny and well done to max and the team BBA members. Certainly is encouraging the youth of today.

Thumbs up to you all.....

Great job and congratulations to Beck, hope to here about some high scores from you shortly. Bowl the house down with your new stuff WOOT WOOT

Well done guys :D

Brad and Rachel

Thanks Jase and the rest of BBA for sticking me with a plug job :D but I don't think Rebecca has been called a junior for a LOOOONG time.:)
Seriously though, thanks guys, she is really stoked and looking forward to being the first at Kirwan to be throwing Visionary.

It's this kind of stuff that makes me proud to be a part of the Team BBA Family.

Well done Jase, Pilko & Kate, and last (but deffinately not least) Max for making this all possible in the first place.

Fantastic effort by all involved. This is what will grow and encourage participation in our sport. Positive thoughts, positive actions, encouragement and true Aussie mateship at its best.

Well done guys.

Back
Top Bottom