Brunswick Fuze Igniter

M

MarkV

Greetings all. Before Xmas I had the fortune or misfortune as it turns out to purchase a Fuze Igniter.The ball hits well and has very good pin carry. Prior to making the purchase I had my proshop enquire if the ball would be covered if I drilled it fingertip and put in a thumbslug. No worries said the supplier just ensure that you leave about 1/4 inch between the lifters to avoid the bridge cracking and I will cover it. After about 30- 40 games it developed a concentric crack about 1/4 inch out from the thumbslug. No worries says I and sent it back for a warranty claim. Afraid not says the supplier it was caused by not putting a LARGE enough bevel on the hole prior to fitting the thumbslug and won't cause any harm. This was never mentioned and I believe that it is complete rubbish. The supplier did offer to do me a good deal on a ballbag or somesuch item which has just enraged me to think that I would give this individual more money after what has happened. Now to top it all off the crack has now made a beeline straight for the thumbhole and it is obviously a matter of time before the whole shooting match comes apart. I realise that I could screw the guy at my proshop but it is not his fault and being a friend I don't believe that it would do anybody any good in the longrun. My question after all the above ranting is "is there such a thing as a genuine ball warranty? and are my complaints valid or have I got my head up my butt ? This bloody thing has cost me nearly $400 and really peed me off. Ah well I suppose that it will make another interesting garden ornament. If nothing else I feel better now I have got that lot off my chest. I await your replies with interest.

Yeah that doesnt sound good at all. Is there such a thing as ball warranty you ask?? No not really. They always have exclusions and stuff "if this happens you aren't covered". By the end of the list....your ball is basically not covered. Even a lot of bowling centres won't take responsibility for damage caused to reactive balls on their lanes. I guess that is fair enough in some ways, but it is very frustrating. An example..I went to AMF Bankstown last year, and if I remember correctly they had a sign on the front door excluding liability for damage caused to reactive balls in their centre. To their credit I never got any damage there, which is excellent. I have had my ball skip out of the back of the lane in at least two other centres, and basically nothing gets done about it at all. :evil: I would say good luck to you if you want to persue the warranty stuff but don't expect miracles. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom