Brunswick Fuze Detonator Information

C

crazzzed

Hi everyone, I was wondering if there was anyone out there that has one of these fuze balls and how it goes? I have one, not drilled yet and I was looking for information about reations and drilling techniques for this style of ball.

The ball details are:
15.2 lbs
3.6 lbs top
1.5 in pin

I was thinking of label drilling it with about 3/4oz side & 3/4oz finger. Hopefully this should get it down the lane abit and arc up at the backend. I have a slow to medium ball speed with medium revs, basicaly a stroker style.

Any info would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

Brett

Hi Brett,
With your bowling style I would suggest that you drill the ball label with the pin 5 inches from your axis and the CG kicked out so that you have 3/4 side. This will be close to the standard 2E drilling on the Brunswick Layout Sheet. The reason for going to a 5-inch pin from axis instead of 4 1/2 is because of your slower ball speed. With slower ball speeds you need to keep the pin a little farther from leverage so that the ball does not over flare. If a ball flares to much it roll to soon and run out of energy on the backend resulting in poor pin carry.
Once you have the ball drilled you can change the reaction by altering the surface if the ball hooks too much by smoothing out the coverstock or if the ball does not hook enough you can add an extra hole 2 1/4 inches past your axis. Make sure you compare this ball to a ball you are currently using on the lane condition the Detonator was designed for.

Bill Orlikowski
Brunswick Staff

Fuze Detonator

I have been using mine for about 2 months now. Very happy with it's performance, have done my PB series with it :D

I am a righty with medium revs and slightly faster than average ball speed.
2.5 " Pin
PAP is 4" from Pin and 4.5" from CG.
CG 3/4" right of grip centre.

The ball is brilliant in oil. I can get it to the breakpoint everytime with a good backend result. But if it is not coming back on the ball return with at least 3 oil rings on it, put it away... :)

For a bowler with medium revs that needs extra hook in oil, this delivers it.

Thanks for the replies Bill and Glen.

I think I'm ready to drill it now and see what it can do.

Special thanks to Graham for following up on this information.

May the strikes keep falling.

Brett

Thanks to everyone that posted replies about this ball. I have had it drilled and it works quite well. I look for to getting out there and trying it under tourny conditions.

Thanks again :D

Ok ive been bowling with the Detenator now for about 4-6 weeks and when im on my game its great. It has a very clean hit with only the occasional corner. Like Glen said it does work well on the oil which is why I got it. I'm very happy with it and now all I have to do is score a PB like Glen :D

I have just drilled a Storm X-factor so I'll get back to you all in a couple of weeks to let you know how its going.

Well as i said in earlier post i would have to go out and do a PB with this ball like glen... and i did. A very nice 800 series (287, 289, 224)

I think i like this ball alot :D

Back
Top Bottom