Full house sign on display at Caboolture Bowl

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Full house sign will be displayed outside Caboolture Bowl this weekend.

This weekend sees Round 5 of the Total Bowling Touring Circuit up at Caboolture…

This is by far the second best tournament to be held at Caboolture in the last two weeks...;)

Last weekend you got to see some of Australia’s best female bowlers compete in the ladies Classic, this weekend even though we will only have mostly Queensland bowlers being both male are female you will be able to see some of our local talent on display.

With a full field this weekend of 72 bowlers we couldn’t have asked for a better result.

Some of the bowlers this weekend will include:

The Walsh family, with mother Jenny doing well in the senior’s circuit and also made the Australian team this year; she can still mix it with a lot of the young guns today.

Jason Walsh was Australia’s number 1 ranked bowler in 2006, he also just returned home a month ago from representing Australia over at Macau. People call him the hammer head or captain and if you want to see Jason in action he will not disappoint.

Cameron Walsh always hot on his brothers heels when it comes to tournaments, he is the cool calm one out of the Walsh boys, expect to see all three Walsh’s feature in match play.

Brando is well known to a lot of the locals as the “Lord Mayor” he will be there to display his talent this weekend, Brando won the first two wide bay stops, and left everyone scratching their heads as to weather this was the Lord Mayors Circuit, but he showed how nice he can be and was kind enough to let George win Maryborough...;)This may be the weekend where the “Lord Mayor may rise to the top again.

Andrew Drew, well known as “The Garden Gnome” or Drewy, will not be out done in his home centre, after just missing the cut at Gladstone by being beaten by a female I am sure he will be out for a little revenge this weekend. Mr. Drew will put on a fine display of bowling for anyone watching. Count on the little Gnome to also feature in the match play.

Carl Bottomley will be bowling this weekend, he wont be calling on his wife to sub for him…Coming back from an injury to his ring finger he sustained while bowling Melbourne Cup. From all reports, and I have it on good authority that the finger only hurts when he is sparing, but anyone that knows Carl well, knows that Carl doesn’t need to spare that much at Caboolture, so you can count him in the match play.

George Frilingos will also be doing his best to make this his second win of the tour this weekend after finishing THIRD in Gladstone. George still has the lump in his throat after that weekend, and it just won’t go away, I am certain that a win this weekend will help him to swallow again...:D You can count on George to be in match play.

Brad Reggars a leftie that is mixing it with a lot of the top guns and making if not all most of the cuts. He shows that when the pressure is on he can be up there to secure a spot in match play.

David Pooley another leftie, David has come back to the wide bay circuit and he done well against the big names, David shot his first 300 in HAB and when you watch the smooth release of this guy you will see that he just hasn’t had luck on his side to throw a lot more. David will be right up there in the field.

Brian Pilkington, better known as Pilko, has been in fine form in the wide bays making the match plays. Brian, just like Jason has just come back from representing Australia as well and for his first time he made all of us Australians very proud. You can expect Pilko to be flying nothing but first class this weekend to earn a place in match play.

So if your up for a great weekend of bowling…Head up to Caboolture to see some of South East Qld’s greats in action…Even if your looking to get a new ball come and see some of the latest Visionary, Storm, Ebonite and Hammer balls…

There are some great staffers in action this weekend…Come check them out...:p

I agree Jase, certainly the 2nd best tournament you could possibly watch at Caboolture within the last 2 weeks.

For the bowlers who like to gamble (i know it's only a few ;) ) saturday night there is a major poker game on upstairs at the bowl.
Game - no limit holdem
Cost - $300
Start time - 7.30pm
start bank - 10000 in chips
levels - 30 mins
Also cash games will be running from 5.30pm stakes will be $1-$2 min buyin $50 max $200.
It will be tough night as i know the 2 players leading the Queensland poker network standings will be there.
Anyone wanting to play or even if you just want to have a look feel free to come up say hi .
jeff.

Back
Top Bottom