FOOTY SEASON STARTS SOON

A couple of teams would be rated no chance at winning the NAB Cup - Brisbane and Sydney. Both teams traditionally give this competition no respect and bow out in the first round.

That is true of Brisbane. They are already focusing on that Premiership they are going to win!

Craig Ryan said:
Tash,
Will Whitnall be able to play more then 4 good games this season?
He plays his 4 good games at the start of the season as well - last season resulted in his 4 all being used in the Wizard Cup.
Hope for his and Carltons sake that he can resist the temptation to eat Hot Dogs and Twisties at The Meadows every Saturday Night (when the blues aren't playing)

Craig , of course he will resist i feel a premiership coming this year!;)

and Ash hon , BRING IT ON baby, but surely your not that dillusional to think that the Dons will beat us?;) please....... we play some of our best footy against you guys and Im having a premonition that we will win by a solitary point:p ;)
GO YOU BLUES !!!!

The end of the 2006 season Australia wide will be marked by Andrew Jarmans unstoppable North Adelaide ROOSTERS bringing the cup back to Prospect oval, as the runner up Eagles once again go back to Woodville and finally realise making Grand Finals is a waste of everyones time!!!:mrgreen:

Carlton: pre season premiers one minute...wooden spoon the next :mrgreen:

It was glorious to watch.

Go Pies! With the return of Bucks, Pebbles, Dids, Roids, Rogan, a fit Taz and a host of talented recruits....it could just be the year of the pie ;) Haters beware!

Well the NAB's underway for this year, the first two matches played last night.

Brisbane snapping a point on the siren to beat Essendon at Carrara 70-69, and the Dees holding out the Western Bulldogs in Darwin to win by 6-points 69-63.

How many big name players were Essendon missing last night apart from Hird?
I'm not a Bombers expert but they seemed to be playing at close to full strength. If thats the case it has been a poor start to year - being beaten by a understrength Lions outfit who many predict will slide further!

James Hird, Dean Rioli, Adam McPhee, Dean Solomon, Jason Johnson, Jason Laycock & Adam Ramanauskas thats just a few off the top of my head so i would say they were anywhere near full strength.

Imatool said:
James Hird, Dean Rioli, Adam McPhee, Dean Solomon, Jason Johnson, Jason Laycock & Adam Ramanauskas thats just a few off the top of my head so i would say they were anywhere near full strength.

So they were missing Hird, McPhee, Johnson and Solomon.
Rioli and Laycock are no good and Rama is done for the year. Only missing 4 players - pretty close to full strength when you consider the other teams that are on the park.

North Melbourne beat an understrength Swans by about 30 points at Manuka, and Hawthorn get over the Tigers by 10 points at Telstra Dome.
Interesting jumper designs, I thought Hawthorn was Richmond from behind, and that silver Tiger jumper is an absolute abomination, the Hawthorn strip was really good.

I see the AFL's trying to turn the game in to basketball, for Christ's sake, get rid of that blousy shot clock.
Next thing they'll allow you to throw the pill through for a goal.
Umpires haven't changed, still trying to be the centre of attention I see.

Back
Top Bottom