floods

natmaynard

would just like to say to everyone that is having to deal with the floods thats happening at the moment.. that my heart goes out to all of you.. and RIP to the ppl that have lost their lives from the flood waters.. lets hope no bowling alleys have been damaged by the water.. please stay safe everyone and if you dont need to drive stay at home.. if you would like to check out something i did to try and help the flood money appeal go onto yourtube and search the name natmaynard.. you should see something on there about floods.. there was music two songs one was heal the world micheal jackson and the main song from romeo and juliet when doves cry.. again my heart go out to all the victims of the floods our thoughts are with you....

My thoughts go out to my fellow Aussies of the QLD persuasion in this incredibly testing time for you all.

With the East Coast planned for Toowoomba later this year I was wondering if Sunset Lanes escaped the flooding.

I know that it is on the outskirts of Toowoomba so I am hoping they have. I also hope Garden City Lanes was spared damage as they are a lot closer to the City centre.

Hi all.

Yesterday my girl Cas (a lot of you know her) was at Gatton on the highway on the way to dropping her kid sister off at Toowoomba after staying with us for the weekend on the Gold Coast. She was turned around by the cops about 4:30pm yesterday between Gatton and Grantham due to landslides on the escarpment. Hundreds of cars were stuck on the highway and if you know this road, it is a bit difficult to just turn around and go back.

People were getting stuck in the median strips and bogged but they got out just before the flash flooding took hold and back to Ipswich.

For the people of these communities in the Lockyear Valley and around Ipswich (you have more to come by the look) I wish you all well in this difficult time.

To everyone, please stay safe in you live in these parts and also heading towards Brisbane, drive only if you really have to as things can change in seconds. Cassie was very lucky yesterday to get back home and was only minutes from a potentially life threatening situation.

To Dale, Nath and Scooter up there in Rocky and Stu in Maryborough and everyone else I have missed, stay safe guys and PM me if you like to let me know you are all OK!

Stay safe all.

Jase

Thanks for asking Garden City Lanes is fine so far not sure about Sunset.
We are stuck in Brissy after flying back from Melb but Chris and Ben are looking after everything for us.
Cindy Donnelly

caboolture bowl has water in the machines.. not looking very good at all. i feel sorry for brian as he only just redone all the lanes.. caboolture and morayfield have been smashed :( stay safe everyone

just wondering how brackenridge is holding up.... family members living there and no response

just wondering how brackenridge is holding up.... family members living there and no response

Just returned home from Bracken Ridge to Albany Creek (1/2hr ago) ...not a problem getting through.

Mobile connections are down in some areas.

Mrs P.

My heart goes out to the Queensland community at this time.
My own home copped the brunt of the hailstorm that hit melbourne early 2010 and i know the heartache and devastation that events like this can give
Keep your chin up Queenslanders

With the East Coast planned for Toowoomba later this year I was wondering if Sunset Lanes escaped the flooding.

I know that it is on the outskirts of Toowoomba so I am hoping they have. I also hope Garden City Lanes was spared damage as they are a lot closer to the City centre.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your concern. Happy to report that Sunset Superbowl is alive and well and living on the outskirts of Toowoomba was well away from the flood path.

See you in September!

We are all well and the bowl did get wet inside, should be re-opening in 2 to 3 weeks. Lanes not damaged at all, Carpets and Cupboards stuffed and electric motors and pits under about 400ml of water. Thanks to all the people that came and helped and offered to help, you know who you are.

Cheers

Batesy

Ipswich bowl has about a metre of water in it at the moment. Our best wishers go to Dino and staff.

Batesy's,Animal and Carol

caboolture bowl was very lucky.. i have heard the ippy bowl will be out of action for a few months.. and if the bowl needs anymore helpers for the clean up and everything like that you have my number

Back
Top Bottom