Feared

its a big call to say that you fear bowling against someone. the best way to cope is to throw your own game and not focus on your opponent, displaying dissapointment in a shot or with your release is just going to give your opponent fuel to burn you with. personaly i find it a challenge to bowl against some of the bowlers mentioned above. a good, tough fight is always worth it!

anywayz thatz just my opinion.

I think the word we're all looking for is "intimidation". Who are you "intimidated" by?

Anyways, I'm thinking I agree with Cow, you get out here bowl the best you can compare scores at the end & see where ur at. Even though I havent competed as much as I wouldve liked over the last few years, I've seen enough "bad" bowlers bowl good games, & enough "good" bowlers bowl bad games to realise arent many people around good enough to warrant a "natural intimidation" as such.

A wise man once told me about the "One Frame Game". Basically, you step up to the approach & throw the best frame you can. The previous frame doesnt matter, the next frame doesnt matter, just the one that you're up there bowling right now. Theoretically, if you're focusing on individual frames, I doubt you'll even have time for the person you're bowling against.

Of course, there's also no need to be rude about it, I mean, if you're not out there to have fun whilst you're trying to win, maybe you shouldnt be out there at all.

As much as everyone says they don't let their oponent distract them and they only worry about their own score, I still find it very hard to believe. If there are any junior bowlers out there that don't take a peak at their oponents score throughout the whole game, I admire them.

Maybe 'feared' wasn't the best word to choose, but I think that every junior bowler is influenced by who they are playing at the time.

ok i have only been bowling just over 2 years, and i am getting pretty good. But i found that ignorance at the start from me has helped me in this area with intimidation.

Last year i bowled scratch single against some top class bowlers. But when i started i did not know who they where there fore i did not get intimidated or fear them.

I have seen alot of people in that league rock up to bowl against tony (hamo) hamilton and George Frilingos, rock up and go shit i am playing them i am going to loose and get intimidated from the start. And guess what 90% of these people lost.

When i bowl against better bowlers/ intimidating bowlers i go with the atitude that you are better then me so you have to beat me. I don't have to prove any thing. Its all up to them. With this atitude i gave frilingos a big run for his money, only beating me due to experiance and my lack of. And i beat hamo.

I have found that if you go into a match intimidated then you are already on the way to looseing, why cause you are up there thinking how good is this person or he is intimidating. You are not thinking about your own game, relaxing and getting ready to kick some butt.

stephen

Back
Top Bottom