FA CUP 2006

Gary

Latest result's Sun 03.59 FA CUP Fifth round

Bolton 0 West Ham 0
Charlton 3 Brentford 1
Liverpool 1 Man United 0
Newcastle v Southhampton ( late kick off )

Liverpool's win is first over Man U in FA CUP for 85 year's:eek:
What can i say very good result from the mighty Hammer's in what was a poor game over all, can not wait for replay at Upton Park.

Gary......................................................:cool:

Dull game at the Reebok with Bolton and the Hammers, Charlton too classy for a plucky Brentford.
Smith breaking his leg against the Scousers was pretty sickening from all reports, out for up to 12 months there.

Shearer a late withdrawal for the Geordies against Southampton too.

CFC06 said:
Gooo Liverpool !!! who goes for who on here?

Have a look in The Premiership thread!
Not many followers on here it seems, its unfortunate that so many people don't cherish Football.

MAN CITY 1 WEST HAM 2

GOOOOOOOOOOO HAMMER'S

Gary............................................................:cool:

Chelsea V Liverpool 22nd April
WEST HAM UNITED V Charlton or Middlesbrough Sunday 23 April

Whart a draw wish i took the 75-1:mad:

Gary....................................................................................:cool:

Middlesbro v West Ham

Villa Park
Sunday, 23 April
Semi-final
Kick-off:1600 BST
Referee: Mike Riley (Yorkshire)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Predict the results - and see your table
Middlesbrough captain Gareth Southgate (ankle) is a major doubt for Sunday's FA Cup semi-final with West Ham.

Striker Mark Viduka (thigh) is also a worry but Chris Riggott could return after being suspended for Thursday's Uefa Cup defeat to Steaua Bucharest.

West Ham have rested key players in the build up in their quest to reach their first FA Cup final in 26 years.

But they will be at full strength with Anton Ferdinand and Danny Gabbidon both recovering from hip and groin injuries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Middlesbrough manager Steve McLaren:
"When you get to the semi-final stage, it's an opportunity, it's an excitement, it's a buzz, it's one you relish. A quarter-final is where the fear of failure comes in.
"The semi-finals can be an opportunity and the players, myself and everybody see it as that.

"If we fail and we don't get to any finals, we gave it our best shot. But we are in a good position."

West Ham boss Alan Pardew:
"Middlesbrough are further down the line than us in experience and knowledge of these kind of games and that gives them a slight advantage.
"They are in fantastic form and Steve McClaren is getting performances out of everybody.

"But we will play like we have done all year, hopefully with an exuberance and with lots of energy and cause Middlesbrough more problems than we did in the league game at the Riverside on Easter Monday (Boro won 2-0).

"I don't think my team is going to freeze on Sunday, I really don't. All I can hope is we produce our best form."

KEY MATCH STATS

MIDDLESBROUGH take on West Ham at Villa Park in the second semi-final of the 125th FA Cup in the middle of arguably the most important week of the club's history. The 2003/2004 Carling Cup is the only major piece of silverware the Teessiders have ever lifted - now they're in the semi-finals of both the oldest Cup competition in the world, and the Uefa Cup. Steve McClaren's side are undertaking a punishing schedule. This will be their 58th match of an exhausting season, and 30th since the start of 2006, with another seven to come if they go all the way in both Cup competitions.

These clubs are meeting for the second time within a week. On Easter Monday, Middlesbrough won the Premiership fixture at the Riverside 2-0 with goals either side of half time from Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Massimo Maccarone from the penalty spot. Both managers said afterwards that result will have no reflection on this Cup clash.
Middlesbrough felt hard done by on their League visit to Upton Park in October, when Chris Riggott was judged to have put through his own goal and the visitors lost 2-1. Television replays showed that 'Boro keeper Mark Schwarzer had prevented Riggott's deflection from going over the line.

The Riversiders are making only their third appearance in the FA Cup semi-finals, and first since 2002 when they lost to Arsenal. Bryan Robson was in charge when Middlesbrough made their one and only appearance in the final itself, losing 2-0 to Chelsea in 1997. Roberto di Matteo scored the fastest goal ever in a Wembley Cup final, after 43 seconds. Eddie Newton wrapped it up seven minutes from time.

WEST HAM UNITED run out just five days after the sudden death of former manager John Lyall, who guided them to FA Cup silverware in both 1975 and 1980. They face a Premiership club for the fourth round running, as they attempt to qualify for the final for the fifth time in their history. Blackburn, Bolton and Manchester City were all eliminated as the Eastenders fought their way to a seventh appearance in the last four. They last reached this stage in 1991 when they were eliminated by Nottingham Forest. They have not qualified for the final since winning the Cup over a quarter of a century ago.

This is only the third time these clubs have been drawn together in the FA Cup, and only the second since the Second World War. On the most recent occurrence, Middlesbrough as a second level League club knocked out the top flight Hammers 2-1 in a third round clash at Ayresome Park 36 years ago, when the Teessiders went on reach the quarter-finals.

Paul Allen became the youngest player to participate in an FA Cup final when the Hammers collected the Cup for the most recent of their three successes in 1980. Allen was 17 years 256 days old when his side defeated Arsenal 1-0 courtesy of a collector's item - a Trevor Brooking header. It was the last time a club from outside the top division lifted the trophy. Hammers manager Alan Pardew picked up a runners-up medal with Crystal Palace against Manchester United in 1990. The only FA Cup goal of his playing career came in that run 16 years ago. It was the winner in Palace's epic 4-3 defeat of holders Liverpool in the semi-finals.

HEAD TO HEAD

Comp Total

GO HAMMER'S

Gary...............................................:cool:

ONLY 8HR'S TO GO MIDDLESBRO $2.30 V WEST HAM UNITED $2.75....90 MIN

ANY ONE GOT A SPARE $100;)

WEST HAM TO WIN 1-0 IN A TIGHT CLOSE GAME!

Gary.......................................................:cool:

WEST HAM UNITED WIN 1-0 FIRST FA CUP FINAL IN 26 YEAR'S GO HAMMER'S

Gary...............................................:cool:

West Ham better win the FA Cup as I could not handle seeing Liverpool win being an Everton fan. Go Hammers!!!

West Ham better win the FA Cup as I could not handle seeing Liverpool win being an Everton fan. Go Hammers!!!

LOL

Gary......................................................:cool: .

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!
I'm going got liverpool simply cos they knocked Chelsea out. Craig, look for a 'Comedy Song' on your computer... Pure Genius...

Later Da Cowman!

manutd_h67.jpg

...and to think Robben didn't dive in this shot!!

But Drogba was definatly handballing it.

Let me know when you reach a real glory land. It's called the Domestic Double. No amount of money can buy, you actually need to play some good, not boring, football.

Later Da Cowman!

Attachments

• Domestic Double.jpg
    Domestic Double.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 2
da_cowman said:
But Drogba was definatly handballing it.
Let me know when you reach a real glory land. It's called the Domestic Double. No amount of money can buy, you actually need to play some good, not boring, football.
Later Da Cowman!

...and you need to put goals past Sunderland!

Back
Top Bottom