Equipment: where do you start?

Crawf

Doin' the Mess Around!
Hi all

Looking to get back into bowling more seriously, but wouldn't dream of stepping up at a tournament with my chipped, scuffed and rarely if ever cleaned equipment from the late 90's, early 2000's. I have absolutely NO idea about the latest equipment and reading review after review about sanded monster hooking balls is certainly not helping narrow down the field. How do people decide which ball to try out?

I'm a down and in player that doesn't cover many boards (probably due to the poor condition of my equipment more than anything :D ), so I don't really want to suddenly step up to some new wiz bang ball that hooks like a mad thing. Is there anywhere online that would give me a better idea of what's out there?

Thanks!

You could try some of the newer entry-level reactive balls that are made for people learning to hook the ball, such as: Columbia 300 Jazz, Brunswick Power Groove, Ebonite Tornado, Storm Tropical-Storm. If you have a little bit nostalgia, there are some newer balls that have pretty much similar specs to your old-school favourites... for example, the Brunswick Avalanche (a revamped and renamed teal rhino pro), Ebonite Clash (pretty much a modern day Columbia Beast), Ebonite Bash (a revamped and renamed Ebonite Black Ice. It's pretty much an Ebonite Clear Werewolf with a reactive coverstock).

Back
Top Bottom